Anyone had a near death experience?

by holly 29 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Certainly there is no evidence that 'nearly death experiences' indicates an immortal soul or after-life.

The mind is a complex thing.

Eyeslice

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Eyeslice: What about the fact that people have had no vital signs or mental activity for minutes and then revive. Since brain/nervous system activity can be measured were does "the juice" go when there is no activity in the body??

Granted my NDE was no tunnel of light, but I came out of that experience feeling "clean," as if I had been told the Big Secret and then been made to forget it. That's the only way I can explain it. I have never feared death since.

I understand that a increased desire to enjoy life without the fear of death is a common effect of NDE. It is also common to see what you want to see (inserting your own conceptions on a common experience?). A heavenbond Christain may see Jesus, a Buddhist may see a lotus, etc. Maybe that's why I drew a blank, as a JW I expected no afterlife.

• Englishman
    Englishman

When I went into hospital for the colon repair, the nurse told me that I could have died.

Actually she was a Brummy, what she said was:

"Moykle. I don't think you realoize. You could off doyed".

Englishman.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hey Holly,

I have had many out of body experiences. I believe they are related to NDE. Most have been so real that I can not distinguish them from waking memories. The only way I can tell the difference is, very out of ordinary things happen in OOBE, flying, moving through objects, instant teleportation.

These experiences, have got me wondering about the nature of the soul and reality.

IPSec

• FMZ
    FMZ

Yes, I have had a NDE.

I was about 6 or 7 years old, sitting at the table eating dinner. I guess I got a little bored using the metal knife how it was supposed to be used, and decided to stick it in the 240v plug socket. Needless to say, it knocked me off my seat and into the middle of the dining room. Next thing I knew I was up at the top of the room, directly over my own lifeless body where my parents were by my side.

Unfortunately, I don't remember a white light, nor being met by any family members. I do, however, recall a sense of peace. When I came to, I wasn't scared, just content. It was an amazing experience.

FMZ

• oldflame
    oldflame

No but I have seen a couple of ghost before

• holly
    holly

Im not sure what I think of near death experiences. some doctors say people have these experiences when there is no brain activity, so there must a spirt that survives death. i wonder - bec when i bumped my head my life flashed so fast before my eyes, not just briefly, but with clarity, and i wonder if these experiences people have happen in a flash the same way.

my mother says she died on an operating table and was floating near the ceiling, seeing everything that happened. she said she had a noise in her head from the last word she heard before she came out of her body - rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

i read a book that says many of those who have NDE's, afterwards lose their fear of death and for some reason, if they wear a watch, it just stops .............strange.

holly

• FMZ
    FMZ

Holly...

My fear of death is almost non-existant, to the point where it sometimes worries my wife. I don't know if this is due to my NDE, or just coincidence.

And, numerous times I have been wearing digital watches (happened with about 5 different watches) and they either just stop or reset themselves. I even gave one of them to my brother, and it worked perfectly, when I wore it, it would constantly reset.

FMZ

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Holly - funny you should mention that......here is something I posted on another site -

Any theories on this....

My daughter cannot wear a (working) watch for longer than 2 weeks...they just appear to stop. Her latest watch (a Morgan ) worked for 4 days and then stopped...I returned it for repair, and upon receiving it back, working, it stopped after a further 2 days of her wearing it again. The watch prior to that (a Gucci) worked only for 2 days...hmm..now she has her eye on a new DKNY watch

....and ONE of the responses I got was this link....

http://www.mindspring.com/~scottr/nde/watches.html
    ...interesting....
  • pratt1
    pratt1

My NDE was related happened on 9/11 while walk through the concourse of the WTC.

I was not seriously hurt but I do remember thinking of all the things that I hadn't accomplihed yet in life and if I got another chance I won't waste it.

Not a vision or a dream, just a really sobering thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit