Jehovah's Witnesses...... A Connection still...

by ScoobySnax 18 Replies latest jw friends

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

There are a lot of old friends...kids I grew up with that are now also out that I lost touch with and I wonder what happened to them. There is one woman that was very special to me that I still miss... And of course my parents are still in...

But the dubs I see on the street or in the mall....they usually recognize me and run the other way. LOL Of course I always smile big and wave and try to talk...more to make them uncomfortable than anything else really. I'm sure the anti dub stickers on my car or the shirts I've made don't win a lot of points with them.

RandyW

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

yes I guess I do, really. It doesn't bother me either. It is almost like seeing an ex boyfriend that you had a wonderful time with, but that it just didn't work out. I remember and cherish the good times, and try to leave it at that.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

How can you NOT feel a connection with people you've spent all that time with? If you spent any amount of time in the organization and then say "Every person I ever met was a piece of crap." Everything I was ever taught was crap. Who really has the problem? I'm just saying. Nothing personal.

While people are being "trained" in any organization...be it the army (not JW's)...police department( not JW's)...ect, they usually will not question things. Why did all those people drink the poisoned kool-aid? Or give it to their kids? Some were shot because they refused. So they couldn't have all been "dubs". Saying they were also a "cult" is a cop out. Again just saying. My opinion.

There are good and bad people in every facet of life. Please don't tell me everyone you ever met outside the organization treated you like a King or Queen.

Ask yourself. "What makes me different."

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I do with some but not with others. There are people that regardless of what has happened since I left I still have some sort of affection for. I have seen VERY few witnesses since I have left though. Kinda surprising seeing as I like in a "smaller" town where I attended 3 different halls over 10 years.

Kansas District Overbeer

• Dawn
    Dawn
    They were my "brothers and sisters" after all.

This is true - and it is once you move beyond the "religion" grip in all that you can focus on relationships and people - which I believe is what Jesus wanted us to do all along. My mother recently told me of an "elder' who is suffering depresion - it happens to be a person who I was once very good friends with. Although he no longer has any contact with me - I felt really bad for what he is going through and have decided to pray for him. He was, as you say - my brother after all. So I remember him and pray for him.

So yes - sometimes I do still feel a connection - but I believe it is a connection of relationships and people. There is nothing of a connection with the borg at all.

• avengers
    avengers
    When you bump into a JW who you've known previously, do you still feel any connection at all?

They lovingly shun me like poison.
    But then I'm a danger to their spirituality.
    haha.

Andy

• heathen
    heathen

LMAO @ avenger . It's the deemonzzzzzzzzzz you spake the words of the devil you are being set aside for eternal damnation and destruction Now all you gotta do is invest in some rapture insurance so when all these relitives of yours vanish you can collect on it and enjoy your last days of self degradation .

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

Ran into a JW just last week at the local hospital. Her mother was a good person so I enquired how she was etc. As I left the hospital I asked my girlfriend how I looked. She said I looked great as usual (I have long hair, good figure little makeup.) What was the problem. I explained how that woman was an JW and I was an ex jw and they always look down on me. She laughted and pointed out that the woman had been OBESE and had rotting stumps for teeth.

• ExpandedMind
    ExpandedMind

Thanks for the welcome back, Scooby!

ExpandedMind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit