What's your greatest coincidence?

by ozziepost 47 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well, haven't you had things happen and you just know they're not accidental ...... or are they?

Some people don't 'believe' there are such things as coincidences but whatever, what's the greatest of coincidences that has ever happened to you? Kinda like "what's the most coincidental of coincidences", eh?

Cheers, Ozzie (end of the week fluffy class)

• FMZ
    FMZ

I met the woman who became my wife about two days after asking God to give me a reason to live or kill me.

It was not a coincidence.

FMZ

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I love the story my late grandfather told me -

It's 1945 and my grandparents and their 2 kids are on vacation in Ruidoso NM. They have rented a small cabin and next to them is a lovely older couple from the East Coast. They are on holiday also. My young toddler father almost drowns in the small lake on the property. Who saves my father? This older man. Dad ran away from grandmother and before she could catch him, he jumps in the water. She screams and the man comes out of his cabin and saves my dad. From then on, my grandparents and this couple spend several days together just enjoying the New Mexico mountains. It's time for both couples to leave at the end of the week, so they say their good byes and they go their separate ways. A week later my grandparents are in suburban Los Angeles where they take a restroom stop at a coffee shop. My grandmother goes to the ladies room and waits for the person to come out of the stall. Guess who's at the coffee shop? The older couple! The lady comes out of the stall and my grandmother can't believe it...my grandparents are beside themselves and uncle whose 5 at the time says are they following us? The older couple were going to go back to Mass. but changed their minds and decided to go the West Coast. They thought my grandparents were going back to Texas, but at the last minute they decided to go to Los Angeles to visit friends. They spent an hour talking to this couple and then sadly again, they went their separate ways. My grandparents come back to Texas and go on with their lives. Two months later my grandfather takes an unexpected business trip to Chicago and when he's checking in at the hotel, guess whose walking in from a cold blustery day into the hotel. That elderly man who had saved my dad! My grandfather again was aghast and walked up to him and the man literally started crying. They decided it was fate that they keep in touch.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Beautiful, Tres... great things could come from a friendship like that, obviously they have some business to attend to, though they may not know it yet.

Just as a side note to all, I highly recommend reading "The Celestine Prophecy"... it's old, and a little corny at times, but makes for a very interesting read.

FMZ

• fairchild
    fairchild

I have told this story many times over.. it left a very deep impression on me.

It happened in the summer of 1987. I was standing on a bridge in Paris. Had been standing there for quite a while. I was watching the boats on the water, enjoying a sunny day. All of a sudden, I felt an incredible urge to run. Many thoughts went through my head all at once. Why did I want to run? How stupid did I look? All I know is that I started running real fast for no apparent reason. As I was running, I heard a big boom behind me. I stopped, looked back, and a car had hit the side rails of the bridge exactly in the spot where I had been standing just a few moments ago.

This is only one incident, but there were many. Too many to feel comfortable about. I don't know what to think.

• fairchild
    fairchild

WOW, that's an amazing story, treshappy. Thanks for sharing.

• codeblue
    codeblue

How I met NOdenial.

I had given up on meeting a brother.

I was planning on moving out of state.

I made a final prayer to Jehovah.............stating I wanted to be happy, but if it was his will I meet someone......bring them to me.

A week later I met NOdenial.

Bizarre!!!!!!!!!!!

I think so..................As NOdenial was not from my country........nor was he planning on coming thru where I was......it just happened!!!

and more bizarre.......we are both posting here!!!.........go figure?!?

CodeBlue

• bebu
    bebu

This probably won't register much with anyone, but it was important to me.

I was back in Japan, about 3 months after having to leave my very new boyfriend behind in the states, and understanding that I probably wouldn't see him again for another 9 months or more (thankfully, the time was much shorter). Before I left, he had given me some beautiful fire opal jewelry, a stone that fascinated me as I had never seen one before in my life.

Anyway, I was now feeling depressed and hopeless about this relationship ever working out; I was desperately fighting off the urge to break up with him. On a train ride home from work, I finally conceded in my mind that there was nothing left to do but break up with him... But, at precisely that moment, I looked across the train and saw a woman with the largest, most brilliant fire opal ring on her finger. It was gigantic, almost garish. As the small, treasured stones I had were the only opals I had ever seen before in my life, I couldn't help but stare! This quiet "coincidence" gave me such a tremendous surge of hope, all my fears vanished for good; it seemed like a sign.

And as we'll be celebrating our 18th anniversary next month, I think it was!

bebu

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

One saturday, when I was around 10 years old, my father decided to visit my uncle. My uncle and his family was in org just like our family. When we arrived at my uncle's home, my cousin who has the same age than me was really impressed to see me. He told me that during the morning, he was bored and he decided to pray Jehovah because he wanted me to come to his house. During this period, we were both really good friend. Anyway, it's probably the biggest coincidence I've seen in my life. It's sad that I've lost contact with this cousin, someone told me that he's now out of the org so maybe, I'll try to talk to him someday.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I have two amazing stories from my life.

1) The first happened before I was born. My mom met my dad on a week-long trip to another state to see a friend of hers. She met my dad at a party at another friends' house, and he was somewhat taken with her, telling her the story of his life and so forth. He didn't give her his phone number tho, but she did overhear it while he was giving it to someone else. She only remembered the last digit though because he made it into a rhyme, saying on his way to the bathroom, "My number is blah-blah-blah-blah-blah three, and now I need to go pee". They spent a lot of time that week but then she had to go back home and thought that was that, interesting guy but she was on her way back home to L.A. and he lived in another state to get out of L.A. Anyway, a few hours before she was to leave (the depature was to be at 10pm), her best friend broke up with her boyfriend. And she was so upset, my mom was afraid she was going to kill herself or not drive safely after my mom left on the bus. So she wanted to call someone to make sure her friend goes home safely, and the only person she knew was the guy she had met at the party, but she didn't have his number, all she knew was that it ends in a 3. And he lived in a boarding house with a 12-member party line, and so he always said you can never reach him because of the party line. So she went to the pay phone, put in a dime, and randomly dialed the numbers, but ending in 3. And after one ring, he answered. She was shocked she actually got him and told him she was leaving and he said he would come and must've driven at 80 miles an hour to get there in time....then they exchanged phone numbers and addresses, and he promised to see to it that her friend gets home safely. Turns out, after the bus left, she said to her, "Yah going to be alright?" And when she said "Yeah" he said "Okay, bye" and he left. LOL Anyway, if my mom hadn't gotten the phone number right that she randomly dialed, and if the party line hadn't been clear, I wouldn't be here today.

2) When I was a sophomore in high school, I had a friend in my math class. He wasn't the greatest friend, but someone interesting to talk to. I found out at the end of the year he was moving to another state and we had a going-away party. He was moving to Las Vegas to live with his dad. Anyway, a month or so later, I went to see my relatives in southern California and one day we went to Disneyland. And it was so crowded! My cousin was responsible for me and my sister, but he wanted to go somewhere while my sister and I stood in the Space Mountain line for the requisite hour or so. Anyway, we were to meet him in front of Space Mountain, but he never showed. Turns out he was waiting on the other side. But my sister and I waited, waited, and waited there looking for him to show. And then, here comes my friend from high school walking my way. I thought I would've never seen him again, and here he comes walking -- one person out of a huge crowd, in the middle of Disneyland in a U.S. state neither of us knew the other would be in. We were both so surprised and I was so stunned by the coincidence I took about 6 pictures of him there. It was so unbelievable! I asked him why he was in California and he said he was spending some time there before going on their way to Nevada. And then he went on his way and I never saw him again. Then my mom and my cousin showed up and my mom was hysterical about me getting myself lost, and I insisted I never was lost but was where I was told to be. But tho my mom yelled the heck out of me in public, I was stoked so much by the amazing coincidence that I didn't mind at all -- and was so glad that it had happened, so that I got to experience such an extraordinary coincidence and see my friend one last time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit