My thoughts on hating the WTS.

by kwintestal 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The only people that you see Jesus showing any anger or dislike towards, are the Pharisees for the way that they treated, lorded over and abused people. For creating a burden that couldn't be carried.

Why shouldn't we hate the WTS for doing the same thing?

Genesis 3:15 - I will put hostility between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed. He will strike your head and you will strike his heel. (Holman CSB)

Is it wrong, then to have hostility towards the seed of the serpent for their lies, false prophecies, destruction of families, sacrificial blood offerings of children on the altar of the WatchTower, unscriptural shunning, promoting competition among followers with titles of 'importance', an iron fist controlling almost every aspect of its members daily lives and the emotional, physical, mental and spiritual abuse it promotes so effectively?

• FMZ
    FMZ

Honesty... one more time, there is no right or wrong.

FMZ

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

FMZ,

: Honesty... one more time, there is no right or wrong.

is that statement right or wrong?

pepheuga

• FMZ
    FMZ

lol Pepheuga, 'tis neither, my friend ;)

FMZ

• FMZ
    FMZ
    practical spirituality forum
    There is no right or wrong
    post reply forum
    posted by: Stan Schaap
    08/27/2000, 17:32:09

edit
    There is no right or wrong. These are only judgments about different viewpoints that may be chosen to experience separation in another way.

If I?m right the other must be wrong, which is division.

Division is a denial of my Oneness and only causes grief because experiencing Oneness is what happiness is all about.

If Oneness is my reality then separation cannot be.

Accepting one cancels the other as a real option.

Separation sees nothing but others.

Oneness knows only one.

If separation is unreal then I cannot claim any truth for my viewpoints serving this illusion - this realm of fear.

These long-cherished viewpoints only serve unhappiness and will not bring Truth any closer. But letting go of them will.

Thank God, I?m not perfect and so my illusions are fallible as well. I cannot block the Truth nonstop around the clock. I do have my lapses into reality, my moments of innocence - especially when I?m caught off guard, unprepared and open.

Defenselessness is the hallmark of Truth because Oneness, our reality, cannot be threatened and knows no fear.

Truth is what we are - wholly. Judging something right or wrong really serves no purpose because it won?t change anything about the Truth. It only blocks my experience of happiness.

Related link: short of perfection
    related link: http://www.powertoshare.com/short-of-perfection.htm

• moshe
    moshe

I spent my first two years after I got out getting even -1989 to 1991. A person has the power the shut down the door-to-door work at a KH, if he wants to put in the time. You can take all the joy out of going to the KH for them and any respect in the community. After 2 years of guerilla warfare, I got on with my life and never looked back.

shalom,

Moshe

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Posted this on another thread....i think it says all that needs to be said.

'Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true'.

Martin Luther King.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I have to agree with Kwin on this subject.

I see no reason in hating. I think the things they have done are wrong, and sometimes outright evil... but, again, in the words of Jesus, "forgive them, for they know not what they do".

First of all, hating is a personal choice. There is no right or wrong about it.

Second, there is a "reason in hating". It is a part of the healing process, not separate from it. Before a person can really heal, they need to acknowledge what happened to them was wrong in the 1st place. When a person doesn't identify jw mental/other abuse as wrong in the first place, the healing process cannot go forward--there would be nothing to heal from, if it wasn't wrong in the first place.

The natural outgrowth of that acknowledgement is anger and hate. Being angry and expressing that feeling is therapeutic and brings on catharsis. The healing process then proceeds after the major anger phase.

The only danger is to get so stuck in the anger and hate that a person cannot move forward to the next step in healing. Some have been so terribly victimized, it may not be possible for them to avoid that. That is understandable.

Another point I would like to make is that forgiveness is not necessary in order to heal oneself emotionally. Acceptance is, forgiveness is not.

• Special K
    Special K

Mornin' Kwin (as I place a Tim Horton coffee in his hand)

you said

but I don't hate individual JW's. Many times however, I hate the actions they take at the direction of the WTS.

When I left the J.W.s I left in emotional steps, Kwin. There was a particular step in there I remember well and it really was "Hate"!.. now it is just as I quoted you above...Hating their actions and hating what I feel is the brainwashing of such a cultish organization.

I hate the cut off from family especially for my children who don't know their grandparents anymore. My youngest keeps thinking that she (grandmother)died a long time ago and I have to remind him from time to time that "No, honey she is not dead. She only lives a couple miles away. She loves us but can't because of the J.W. religion. She believes it is going against God to have anything to do with us." He is 9 now and only met her once in a grocery store, he can't really remember that..

It truly is the religion I hate now and not the people per se. It's the fanatical teachings, lovelessness disquised as love. Just bizarre unnatural punishment and discipline handed out in the name of God's love. The transing of young minds. The fear that is instilled. .. and I abhore that word "inculcate"! Just sends a chill up my spine and gives me goose bumps. How do you raise children who can think and reason and make good decisions if they aren't allowed to think, make mistakes, adjust their course. J.W. are eventually stripped of "free will" and imprisoned, from my experience.

I guess I just feel sorry for the people that are in it now.

Kwin and Heart2Heart, I applaud you in how you are raising your kids. To give them a sense of a loving god is a good thing and to know that you love them unconditionally makes my heart glad for you and your children. Believe me, when our kids get older they will make some major mistakes and they don't need us as parents carting them off to the elders to be disfellowshipped and for us to shun them in their weakest moments. We need to teach them to own and take responsiblity for their mistakes and success and support them through them. I'm glad your family is free of the J.W.'s

Our family looks forward to getting together with yours in the not too far future.

Special K

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

hate is destructive, it will eat at you until it poisons your whole life.

The best way to get even is to love your life with every ounce of your energy. Don't give them even a second thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit