I need your guys thoughts & opinions

by kls 41 Replies latest social family

• kls
    kls

Have you ever met someone and for some unknown reason this person just rubs you the wrong way ,i don't know if it's a vibe they give off or what but something that makes you dislike about that person. My son who is 21 started to date this girl and there is something about her i so much dislike and i can't help the way i feel. I have 4 grown kids all have dated and brought there dates home and i was receptive to them all but i cannot to this girl. My son is very hurt a i love him to pieces and i keep telling him i love him but i cannot accept this girl and keep telling him how sorry i am and i feel so bad for hurting him but there is something about her and i can't help the way i feel .

Do any of you know what i mean and has this ever happened to you that someone just rubs you the wrong way?

I feel so guilty and need your help, is it just me ?

• minimus
    minimus

Intuition.....BUT you must figure out what it is that bothers you so before you lose your child.

• Jez
    Jez

I always trust my intuition. It is rare, but every once in a while, I meet a person that I HATE. I mean really HATE and for no concrete reason. Right now, I work with a person like that. I can't even say hi to her and the feeling is mutual. She is a manipulative bitch that knows I see straight through her and have no reservations of saying it like it is to her stupid face. Whew, sorry, I know that sounds harsh, but that is how it is, therefore, there must be a reason. I just stay away from her and don't look at her for fear of turning to stone.

As to your son's g/f....I would quietly observe for a while. See if you see why your intuition is screaming at you.

Jez

• kls
    kls

Mini he's not that attached to her ( yet) and i have tried to pin point why and i just can't, all i know is i dislike her . I have tried to understand why i feel the way i do and this has never happened to me before but it is really bad.

Lose my son? my kids are like super glue when it comes to their mom. some times that 's good but some times it's bad and my kids value my opinion and that makes it worse that his mom doesn't like the girl he is dating.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

she likely murdered you in a past life (^_^)

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

does she remind you of someone from your past? is it just her appearance that disturbs you or is it her personality?

i'm glad your kids and you are close! hope you figure it out or he moves on to another honey soon!

hugs

• kls
    kls

Jez i am afraid i am starting to know what you mean and my son keeps asking me to sit down and talk with this girl ,i told him that is a bad idea because she will only get hurt and it is not my intension to hurt her ,i have a problem of being to honest with my thoughts and saying how i feel ,i just want her to go away.

• minimus
    minimus

Funny thing I've seen.....When parents don't like a prospective mate, the child usually rebels---especially if no good reason for dislike can be mentioned....Good luck!

• kls
    kls

Bird i think it's her personality but what it is i don't know, she just makes me cringe.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Maybe she reminds you of yourself and you don't want her to take your baby away from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit