Are UK JWs more faithful the US JWs?

by Qcmbr 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Do you find there are significant differences in religious commitment across the Atlantic? Feel free to chip in if your from another country which is even more die hard / soft and slushy than the US /Brits.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I don't know anything about the UK JWs, but my mother initially got baptized and was a JW in Canada, then we moved to the US. She is one of the most dyed in the wool, follow to a letter, JW. She believes everything is black and white and if it's in the Watchtower it's gospel.

Although I believe people like her aren't the rule, there are several that I have met over the course of my life both in Canada and in the US that are super strict and faithful.

The only difference I wonder might be that the European JWs actually suffered persecution during the world war and that might have indoctrinated more Europeans, that the US Witnesses know happened, but never literally SAW those things with their own eyes.

Like I've said before though, if persecution means you have the "truth" maybe the Jews, gays, disabled, handicapped people are really God's "true" people because they were persecuted by Hitler too. It makes no sense to use that as the identification mark. Gays and blacks are still persecuted in the US, what does that mean?????? Please, give me a break.

• franklin J
    franklin J

Are the UK JWs more faithful than the US JWs?

Why, of course. One only has to hear them speak to know that.....

but of course, as there is only "text" on this forum and no "verbal", we cannot hear them speak the "Kings English"......so some of the UK posters are questionable....

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

To franklin Oi gezer wot you goin on about Kings English? It?s er majesty not im.

I remember some US dubs that where friends of the family I met once and they had holy spirit shining out of every orifice. With England becoming a more secular society and the way Christianity seems (by the reports we get from the media) to be a major factor in US society/politics I?d say it was the other way round but then again I think it even varies from cong to cong.

• Englishman
    Englishman

It seems to be the case that the US witnesses are more devout than the UK ones.

But we are a godless bunch so that would probably be the case in most faiths.

Englishman.

• franklin J
    franklin J

thank you, Mbatoon

I hear you loud and clear across the pond.

Despite my patriotic American devotion, I hate to admit that with the far flung size of the great American continent and the varying accents from all corners; I fear that in about 150 years the American English ( in all its varying accents) will be a totally different language from what our British cousins speak.

....but I am sure that he JW language will remain the same; archaic but with some new light.....

Frank

• inquirer
    inquirer

................!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you talk about Australian JW's.... you'd think we were a pretty laid back bunch, but they are pretty hard core! So treacherous Down Under!!!! Even years ago, they were hardcore and not negotiable....... There's no denying a JW. THEY ARE..... WHAT THEY ARE.... BE AWARE! (looks to left and the right)

Me being on here is living proof!

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

The British Witnesses I met when I was a Witness were no different from the American Witnesses. Except since they were English they all had to be gay.

• Englishman
    Englishman

gay

adj 1: bright and pleasant; promoting a feeling of cheer; "a cheery hello"; "a gay sunny room"; "a sunny smile" [syn: cheery, sunny] 2: full of or showing high-spirited merriment; "when hearts were young and gay"; "a poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company"- Wordsworth; "the jolly crowd at the reunion"; "jolly old Saint Nick"; "a jovial old gentleman"; "have a merry Christmas"; "peals of merry laughter"; "a mirthful laugh" [syn: jocund, jolly, jovial, merry, mirthful] 3: given to social pleasures often including dissipation; "led a gay Bohemian life"; "a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies" 4: brightly colored and showy; "girls decked out in brave new dresses"; "brave banners flying"; "`braw' is a Scottish word"; "a dress a bit too gay for her years"; "birds with gay plumage" [syn: brave, braw] 5: offering fun and gaiety; "a gala ball after the inauguration"; "a festive (or festal) occasion"; "gay and exciting night life"; "a merry evening" [syn: gala(a) , festal, festive, merry] 6: homosexual or arousing homosexual desires [syn: queer, homophile(a) ] n : someone who practices homosexuality; having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex [syn: homosexual, homo]
    Englishman.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit