Are UK JWs more faithful the US JWs?

by Qcmbr 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I get the impression that Americans as a whole have more of a collective mentallity and like having someone tell them the way things should be - as if they ar elooking for a headship figure to guide them. Almost all of the new religions come out of the states.

Could it be that you are all missing King and country and shrugged off being part of the empire a bit too early? ;-)

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I think that in Britain we just have a more sceptical view of authority. In some ways this is good in other ways bad.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

yeah I guess that sums up my view of the differences in attitude - if someone tells us to do something we want to know why rather than giving blind obedience

• metatron
    metatron

There are some cultural differences that are hard to judge - relative to Watchtower dominance.

Like the British "Pub" culture! In many parts of the US, I HAVE NO DOUBT that hanging out in a 'bar' would get

you removed as an elder - and maybe even questioned by a Judicial Committee. In England, it's no big deal.

I say this because I know an elder from the United Kingdom who has complained privately about the loss of his

favorite ( or favourite) activity.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit