JWs at my door today

by somebody 14 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

Hi all!

I am home today and tomorrow per doctor's orders and I was shocked that of all days, today two JWs knocked at my door for the first time in almost 4 years. They will be back on Saturday morning at 10 o'clock.

To you all here, both non and ex JWs, and to any lurking JWs, I ask the question... what is the difference between a servant of Jehovah and a disciple of Christ, if any at all?

Meanwhile I will be searching my new WT cd to see what the answer to the the question would be from the WTS INC. of NY,USA, and preparing what to give to the two JWs who will come back. Because if I have noticed anything inparticular of JWs on the internet, they don't give the same answers that their fellow human "faithful and discreet slave" would give to questions. Which leads me to believe that the the WTS's followers never actually absorb or are not paying attention to what their human leaders teach them. Which is probably why their human leaders tell them to direct others to the organization right from initial contact with outsiders and/or householders because JWs MAY BE ABLE TO LOCATE SCRIPTURES and explain fundemental JW doctrine, but that's about it. And that EVWERYTHING THE JWS HAVE LEARNED HAS BEEN FROM THE ORGANIZATION, not the BIBLE. The JWs at my door did just that by never opening up the Bible that I could see int her book bag, but opening a Watchtower brochure instead. This makes a big difference from when the WTS INC discribed it own followers as BIBLE CHAMPIONS, back in the 70s or 80s.

peace,

gwen

• upside/down
    upside/down

See, Jehovah is interested in YOU- He obviously arranged for your demise (needing a doc) in order to make you home when they came.

"Don't look at the light!"- "..but it's so beautiful... AAAAGH!"- Bugs Life ( conversation as bug is drawn unsuspectingly into a bug zapper)

u/d Good Luck!

• Mary
    Mary

Hey Gwen, if they come back, question them on any of the following:

1. their protection of pedophiles
    2. the UN fiasco
    3. 607 BCE vs. 587 BCE
    4. denying freedom of speech to it's members when they demand the courts give them these freedoms

When you're finished talking with them, ask them where you can send in your Service Report seeing as you talked for 15 mintues or more.

• cindykp
    cindykp

Dont under any circumstances answer the door!!!!!!!!!!!! I just did two weeks ago, let them in after 15 years of being inactive, and now Im going to be disfellowshipped on the third of next month!!!!!!!!

• David2002
    David2002

Somebody,

Regarding "Which leads me to believe that the the WTS's followers never actually absorb or are not paying attention to what their human leaders teach them. Which is probably why their human leaders tell them to direct others to the organization right from initial contact with outsiders and/or householders because JWs MAY BE ABLE TO LOCATE SCRIPTURES and explain fundemental JW doctrine, but that's about it. And that EVWERYTHING THE JWS HAVE LEARNED HAS BEEN FROM THE ORGANIZATION, not the BIBLE."

I disagree with you. I am continually reading the Bible, having read the NT at least 15 times (from different versions) and believe that the WT Society teaches the truth from the Bible. I know of former pastors, ministers, and even a former "pastoret" (a female pentecostal pastor, aka known as "pastora" in Spanish), all which of have divinity degrees, but most importantly read they Bible several times over, and all came to the conclusion the WT teaches the truth of the Bible. I found it absurd that some claim that we get info just from the WT publications - when multiple times the WT publications strongly encourage us to read the Bible. It just doesn't make sense to me. And how many people Witnesses I know, who were former members of other churchers and avid Bible readers, claim that they knew the Witnesses had the truth from what they read from the their Bibles.

BTW - Just as Jesus as Jehovah's Servant, Christians, as followers and disciples of Jesus, are servants of Jehovah.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

"the truth is whatever you want it to be..."

People can argue over that stupid book The Bible for ages and get nowhere. What's the point? You can find in it anything you want, and twist any scripture to whatever meaning you want.

What is truth? If you want truth play a Johnny Cash record.

The Pope

• jgnat
    jgnat

Commendable, David2002, that you have read the bible so extensively. The Jehovah's Witnesses I have met, do not. Some do not even have a solid grounding of Jesus's parables. My sincere questions are deflected, not answered.

Somebody, I imagine they will start by getting you to agree that the world is going to hell in a handbasket, followed by aconvincing argument that the bible can be relied on to be accurate and a reliable guide to all your affairs. So you can have an idea how to prepare.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    I found it absurd that some claim that we get info just from the WT publications - when multiple times the WT publications strongly encourage us to read the Bible. It just doesn't make sense to me. And how many people Witnesses I know, who were former members of other churchers and avid Bible readers, claim that they knew the Witnesses had the truth from what they read from the their Bibles.

They encourage to read the bible verses as they want us to. (Example... to prove a point they read verse z and f and o.... but neglect to read verses a to z (reading a to z would contradict their teachings)).

it is all double speak and the circle jerk!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    JWs MAY BE ABLE TO LOCATE SCRIPTURES and explain fundemental JW doctrine, but that's about it. And that EVWERYTHING THE JWS HAVE LEARNED HAS BEEN FROM THE ORGANIZATION, not the BIBLE. The JWs at my door did just that by never opening up the Bible that I could see int her book bag, but opening a Watchtower brochure instead. This makes a big difference from when the WTS INC discribed it own followers as BIBLE CHAMPIONS, back in the 70s or 80s.

But they did open their 'bible' from the faithful discreet slave.

As for the David dub who claims the WTBTS has THE TRUTH. One day you will know whether or not it is the truth. I hope you repent and worship Jesus instead of the Governing Body before that day.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I found it absurd that some claim that we get info just from the WT publications - when multiple times the WT publications strongly encourage us to read the Bible.

You're kidding right ? LOL When I went to the elder with questions about inconsistencies between the bible and the orgs publications I was specifically told by the elders that I should not waste my time researching the scriptures as it would only confuse me. I was told to simply take the orgs teaching on faith since the GB were better equipt to understand God's word then I was. That was one of the primary reasons that I eventually left.

RandyW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit