Elders disfellowship my cousin

by YellowLab 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Wow. This story floors me.

I don't understand their logic whatsoever. With this kind of treatment it wouldn't be in anyones best interest to come back. (Not that I could think of why anyone would want to anyways) With all the problems they're having with growth in most areas, youd think theyd be a little more PC than this.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I certainly agree that it does depends on the Cong. u are in. Some are more merciful. Some much is unwritten rules. That is how a cult works. However, for at least the last 15 yrs I have been hearing a changed view on the inactive ones or the ones that have drifted away. More and more it is getting hard line. If u do not attend meetings or go out in F'S, u cannot call yourself a JWS and aren't recognized as one. (they stopped giving me the kingdom Ministry and took our names off the book study list and I am neither DF or DA) It is a very easy step from that to DA all the inactive/drifted ones that will not come back to the fold. I once heard it said "I do not know what these people who just attend the memorial think they are doing. They are wasting their time, no one cares"

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

In order for this to have happened, someone had to tell the Elder's what she was doing, and gave somekind of testimony. Based on this, they are to have two Brothers look into the matter and report back to the Body. If the report indicates that wrongdoing took place, a Judicial Committee is formed, and it goes from there.

Usually, for someone that has been out for 20 years and comes to the meeting based on a shepherding call from the CO, they would leave her alone, unless she kept coming to Meetings. Then they would deal with it. She should have asked who her accuser is. Sounds like WTS entrapment to me.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    . She should have asked who her accuser is. Sounds like WTS entrapment to me.

Many times it is a member of the family that is aware of what she is doing.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

now i understand what they mean by shephering calls for the "lost sheep". I am stunned by this story and grateful. Now i know exactly what to expect if I do ever get that call after being out 7 years.

They can't chuck me out again though sadly. But if i had "faded" and they tried this on with me they would get trashed by every law i can find and trust me I WILL find them.

trembling with self righteous indignation - so it must be ok - right?

• wednesday
    wednesday

crumpet, I so understand where u speak from. (me giving u a hug)

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

Crumpet:

I am one of those who has faded (been about 6 years). I have not written a letter purely because I choose not to play by their rules and I also don't want my daughter hearing awful things said about her mom when she goes to the KH (not that that doesn't happen anyways).

I will fight for your cause! Just let them try to DF or DA me... Not only with they get an earful but they will get a definite lawsuit slapped on them for telling my daughter that I am a bad person, that I am as good as dead and for alienating her from me intentionally.

I hope you at least had the opportunity to tell them to, "Kiss My Tiara" (Great book when you need a laugh by the way)!

- Aryn

• FairMind
    FairMind

I know it must differ from one BOE to another but I honestly believe that many BOE have it in for certain individuals. This is the only explanation I see for the glaring impartialities I have observed in the organization.

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I wanted to add that my cousin's congregation is in a small town in central Wisconsin, so everyone is into everybody else's personal business, it seems. What's really sad is our 91-year old grandfather is sick in a nursing home in the same town. When he dies, she won't even be able to go to the funeral, because my family will cut off all ties to her at the snap of a finger. In their eyes, she's basically dead. It goes to show that you can't even trust your family when you need them most.

There should be laws for this kind of stuff -- preventing "member-abuse"!

YellowLab

• bavman
    bavman

hey yellow lab, do me a favor and pm me about where in central wisconsin will ya? i am from there. for all i know it could have been my dad who df'd her. geez!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit