What do our handles/nicknames collectively say about us?

by AlmostAtheist 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Of course, now that you've asked, I'm having a "senior moment" and can't remember any of the names that I thought were so clever on here! There have been many that I wished *I'd* thought up.

The reason I chose mine was because I'd had this name on H2O and kept it when I registered on here. When I first registered on H2O, it was the first board I signed up for, AND I was still a loyal JW at the time. I must have tried 25 names and they were all taken. "Sunspot" just popped into my head-I went with it- and nobody else had used it.......so here I am!

Annie

• upside/down
    upside/down

My name was strictly how I felt at the time I signed up, more of a mental image... ( I saw a capsized boat in my head).

Didn't really get too deep, just wanted to get signed up quickly as I needed some adult conversation NOW, instead of that childish drivel I've been tolerating for the last 20 years.

Someone early on replied to me and abbreviated my name as "u/d", I loved it and have used it ever since!

upside/down (of the u/d class)

• poppers
    poppers

Mine is just a variation of my last name - I got tired of being called 'popcorn' when I was a kid, which was another variation that immediately comes to people's mind when they hear my real last name. It got tiresome watching people believe they were being so clever.

That being said, all names are just another way to define ourselves. See what lies beneath any definition.

poppers

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

Not to creative with mine, Its just my name. I didnt choose a handle because I wanted any J.W's in my area to know that it was me. It's kinda of a " Here I am and there is nothing you can do about it" attitdue. I quess I was in a rebelous mood or to put it more bluntly I wanted to say a nice F.U to any elders that might run across my posts.

Love Peace and Chicken Grease

Clayton

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

As you all know my "handle" is my name. I use it because I have nothing to hide from anyone. If someone want's to be a butthead and go running to someone in my family and talk crap, let-em.

I've worked hard for my own identity, instead of trying to be someone else. However, I understand the necessity for "handles", etc.

Hugs to you all.

Brenda C

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I work in a gold mine,thus goldminer.I didn't want to use my real,not just yet anyway.Isn't that terrible,having to hide our true identities for fear of serious family problems caused by people who don't even care about us?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I am the original kwintestal, there is only one. I am from times indefinate to times indefinate. I am the Kwin, and the Testal. There are no other kwins besides me.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit