Two great quotes!

by mkr32208 41 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Taylor,

The exact quote is "do you really believe this whole world is in a world of shit because a talking snake told a naked lady to eat a piece of fruit".

Eve wasn't old enough to be considered a woman yet so Adam was a pedophile. Actually neither one of them really existed, but that's a complete other topic.

My favorite quote is:
    "you can always judge the character of a person by the way they treat others who can do noting for them at all."

Dave

• bisous
    bisous

lips that taste of tears lose their taste for kisses

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

My absolute favorite quote:

"I would rather live and love where death is king than have eternal life where love is not."
    --Robert G. Ingersoll

And my other favorite:

"This above all; to thine own self be true." William Shakespeare

• myelaine
    myelaine
    Any god who creates a sentient being out of dirt, knowing the being will be damned to hell, should have left the dirt alone. - unknown

I might want to say AMEN to that I if didn't know that I was being sifted.

I am the Way, I am the Truth, I am the Life. Jesus Christ.

michelle

• geevee
    geevee

Just two that were in the comics in the local paper: "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups" Or Hagar the horrible says to his son :"It is better to be a giver of stress than a receiver" That Hagar.......

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

With fiends like this (WTBS), who needs enemas?

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

the best revenge is living well

• upside/down
    upside/down

Here are some I like.

It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"If you are going through hell, keep going."

- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953

-

- "It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

W ho looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. CARL GUSTAV JUNG

I embrace emerging experience. I participate in discovery. I am a butterfly. I am not a butterfly collector. WILLIAM STAFFORD

I have been reading your Descartes. Very interesting. ?I think, therefore I am.? He forgot to mention the other part. I?m sure he knew, he just forgot: ?I don?t think, therefore I?m not.? KATAGIRI ROSHI

A little nonsense now and then
    Is cherished by the wisest men. ROALD DAHL (Willie Wonka used this one.)

u/d

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

A little nonsense now and then
    Is cherished by the wisest men. ROALD DAHL (Willie Wonka used this one.)

Love that Quote.....Such a great movie..loved it as a child but see the humor of it more as I grew older!

Brooke

• Badger
    Badger

"We don't go anywhere. Going somewhere is for squares. We just go." -- The Wild One

"Death before Dishonor; Drugs before Lunch" -- motto of the Aspen Drug and Gun Club

"A Ruler must be feared or loved, but it is better to be feared than loved." -- Niccolo Machiavelli

"Never has more damage been done than by those who thought they were doing the right thing." -- Charles Schultz

"Facts are stupid things" -- Ronald Reagan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit