Two great quotes!

by mkr32208 41 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    I contend that we are both atheists, I just believe in one less god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, then you will know why I dismiss yours. - Stephen F. Roberts

Any god who creates a sentient being out of dirt, knowing the being will be damned to hell, should have left the dirt alone. - unknown

Love it...

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king! unknown

Brooke

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

My favorite is still from one of the posters here -- forgive me, I don't remember who:

"I would rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question."

(But I love the two you posted!)

Dave

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Excellent quotes, I always liked, It is better to light one candle, than to curse the darkness.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

It is better to light one candle, than to curse the darkness.

Oh I love that quote!

Brooke

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
    - Martin Luther King Jr.
    "Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed."
    - George Burns
    "He who has a 'why' to live, can bear with almost any 'how'."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    - Thomas Alva Edison
    "We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time."
    - Vince Lombardi
    "My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher."
    - Socrates

These are all some of my favorite quotes!

Brooke

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Hey Brooke, don't forget: It's only rock and roll, but I like it. Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well dont forget......

"I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to."
    - Elvis Presley

Brooke

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    The easiest thing of all is to DECEIVE one's self; for what a man wishes he generally believes to be TRUE."

Demosthenes.

Very true of all of us when we were J W's . the Paradise sounded so good, we wished it true for ourselves

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true. Martin Luther King

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit