JWs and Clothing

by the_classicist 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Here's a story: I was always good with languages, and I decided to finish the Spanish I began in college so I could switch to a Spanish congregation and pick up a hot Mexican chick. The only problem was class got out like 10 minutes before meeting, so I always brought a change of clothes. One day I was running late, and decided to skip the change and just go to meeting in street clothes.

An elderette saw me coming in and nosed her way over to me to ask what hte story was. I explained that I was learning Spanish to bang a hot Mexican chick serve where the need was greater and that I didn't have time to change. She applauded my efforts to come to meeting was quickly moved on to gossip with encourage others. Well wouldn't ya know, halfway through the service meeting, guess who raised her hand and re-iterated that *WE* are so much better than the world because *WE* don't demean our worship like the people of the world because *WE* dress up for our meeting and worldly people don't... Seeyouenntee!!!!

• blondie
    blondie
    This same "body" counseled me privately saying I was immodest as you could see my bikini underwear "lines" through my pants- I'm a dude, what's up with that?

At least they knew you were wearing underwear.

• Jahna
    Jahna

Me getting ready for field service one part of Canada. Forcast high of the day -40c (you read that one right!). Requisite underware, thick stockings, socks, track pants (yes track pants), full skirt over pants (have to wear that skirt). Looking like you gained 50 lbs you WALKED from door to door.

Me getting ready for field service another part of Canada. Forcast high of -5c. Socks, trousers, high boots and very long coat, to cover up the fact, your NOT wearing a skirt!

There is unity among God?s people, right?

I still have my ankle length coat!

Jahna

• upside/down
    upside/down
    This same "body" counseled me privately saying I was immodest as you could see my bikini underwear "lines" through my pants- I'm a dude, what's up with that?
    At least they knew you were wearing underwear.

So the elders were checkin out my ass? Just remember these are the same guys that dragged me in the back room because my business (janitorial) was making too much money and I was making the other Dubs feel "lowly". Oh yeah and I was the accounts servant at the time and if it weren't for me and my "materialistic" business interests and 2 other bro's with jobs- NONE OF THE DAMN BILLS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN PAID!!! I wonder who pays the rent now- take it back- no I don't... u/d (of the greatful I'm "out" class)

• Forscher
    Forscher

Try going out on a hot, southern July day in a complete suit! That was the way it was for males in my congo. At times like that, the sisters were a little envied!

;-)

• simplesally
    simplesally

I remember a brother, unmarried, tried to 'counsel' me on some matter and I turned to him and "You are not my head. In fact, as an unmarried man, you are the head of no woman." I then reported his actions and mine to one of our elders and he agreed with me and agreed to speak with that brother.

Regarding dress in our area, it was always pretty lax. In Southern California, it obviously gets very hot. I wore sundresses to meetings and conventions. I wore skirts and dresses that were about an inch above the knee. I also had super long dresses I'd wear with boots. I think I really mixed it up. I never looked JWish. People at the door would even comment that I didn't look like a regular JW. I always had my nails done, nice hair-cut and nice clothes. I never got counseled for my dress habits as I always looked professional (I did wear my clothes to work).

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I did not matter what I wore. I was always looked down upon because I had BOOBS.

That will be the elders wives and other sisters being jealous...funny how that influences the menfolk isnt it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit