What happens when a JW wants to be with a non JW? PLEASE RESPOND

by kristina24/7 40 Replies latest social relationships

• kristina24/7
    kristina24/7

ok I am a 16 year old female i love with a 16 year old male. lol that sounds funny since everyone thinks a 16 year old can't be in love. I understand why but let's face it now a days anything is possible. I have known him for about 5-6 years now. I have grown to love him more than any other kid I've been with. I know what people say, "you need to experience being young." Ok well I have. I have had my fair share of horrible dates and relationships and out of them all he has been the one there to pick up the pieces. The problem being is he is a black Jehovah's witness....and I'm a white non JW.(although our race doesn't bother me in the situation its the religion thats the conflict) His whole family is jehovah's witness as well although I thought that would be knowledge of common sense. He doesn't seem to care I'm different, although I'm worried his family has great concerns, and sooner or later so will mine. I'm scared of breaking the bond he may hold with his family or religion. I have researched for hours to see how the Jehovah's witness religion works and even though I may understand a majority of things there are still many things that boggle my mind. What scares me most is when he told me "you are the person i want to spend the rest of my life with." I know that sounds naive for me to believe because of my age, but it seems different in my situation. I don't care for anyone else but him and I don't know how to deal with our differences. How does it work? Will he be penalized or something because to be honest I have no idea. PLEASE respond. I don't care if its advice or comments. Negative and positive feedback are welcome--- Thank you

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

well if he really wants to spend the rest of his life with you, then the first thing that occurs to me is that there is no need for either one of you to rush anything. at that age, one resource you both have much of is time.

pepheuga

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

is he a baptised jw ?

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Your BF is in a cult. There is no way to avoid the fact or better way to put it. No matter what, if he staty with you he will be up against a world of hurt you will not understand nor be able to help him with. The best thing you can do for yourself and your future is not get in volved more than you already have.

I'm sure everyone else will be piling in on this one in a minute, if you care at all about your sanity and future, listen to them, they all know what they are talking about.

Best wishes.

W

• kristina24/7
    kristina24/7

i don't know if he is a baptized jew

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

To echo what's being said here....is he a baptized witness?? And there are many factors involved as well. If he's baptized and he just leaves the religion without dissociating himself, then technically his parents won't shun him. If he dissociates himself, or he gets disfellowshipped, then as soon as he moves out of the house, his family is supposed to shun him and the only reason they would be allowed to have contact with him would be for family emergencies. But it depends on how much the parents believe into the religion. Some will follow whatever the organization says to the letter, while other parents tend to be more lenient, and will still keep contact with their kids even if they are disfellowshipped or dissociated.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

if he is baptised and leaves the JW's he will be shunned.....ignored, viewed as dead by all the JW's, including his family

• Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome!

I'm a white man who has a black JW GF. She just pretends to be a JW for her childrens sake and so her family won't give her too much trouble. The hard part for us is that I am an ex JW and well known in the area. The Elders leave us alone and as long as they do I'll leave them alone.

Play it out and see for yourself where your mans heart is. Age does play a part but you may have that one great relationship that can transcent these problems. I wish you the best. All I recomend is to stand your ground from day one with the JW's. They hold no power over you unless you give it to them, so don't!

My GF did not let the religion, or my being Mr. Stupid-head stop her so if your guy really cares for you he won't let these little people stop him either.

• kristina24/7
    kristina24/7

sorry meant JW** I didn't think about that. I'm going to have to ask him.

• anuva
    anuva

Dear kristina...

let me say this as straight as it can be...

it is true that your BF is in the mind controlling religion that only allows association if you also get converted and surrender your mind and thinking to WTS...that is the bottom line..

now about the hope...

if you can research and study and dare to tell him that he is not where true christian should be(please rememebr it invovles deep research into history and bible)..i it will hang on the decision of character of that guy..if he has conscience he won't ask for conversion .

just FYKI..one of the many dangerous aspects of the religion of your BF, is this that in any case u or your future family meets accident that need blood to save...YOU cannot take it..because god of your BF religion says it is wrong to save life using blood transfusion, so you better die rather than taking transfusion, and they do ALL legal and social TRICKS....

hope this helps..stay here and read more and more ..in BEST of sections by Lady lee .

love and peace

anuva

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit