What happens when a JW wants to be with a non JW? PLEASE RESPOND

by kristina24/7 40 Replies latest social relationships

• love11
    love11

k24/7-

My great grandmother had a saying that seems to hold true under any situation-

If you don't know what to do, don't do anything at all.

The answer will come to you in it's own due time. The trick is- being patient for your answer to come to you.

I agree with pepheuga- time is something you both have alot of. You owe it to yourself to be able to say- I chose my husband, soul-mate, as an adult decision and if it works out, then when you're both reaching your 75th anniversary you'll be able to say that you don't regret how the beginning of your time together started out. I know you are mature for your age, but let yourself relax and not be burdened by family life at such a young age. Don't think that if you don't experience everything in life right now, that it won't happen for you, because it will. I love my family and I did get married at 19, like so many jw's have been programmed to think. Even though we have been married faithfully and lovingly for 10 years, I would not consider it the model marriage to go by. We have had many hardships, most of which were caused by other people. Two weeks after we were married, I was in a horrible car accident that almost left me dead or paralized. All of a sudden we went from being care-free newly-weds to being an old married couple. He had to do everything for me because I was an ex-jw and he was never a jw, and my family wanted nothing to do with me (even under those conditions). Just remember your life can change in the blink of an eye. If your parents are good people, listen to them, they will not steer you wrong. Maybe they can see, what the eyes clouded by love, cannot see. But in the end, if you are meant to be together than it will happen, but let it flower in its own due time. mho

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit