Pioneerers can count up to 25 hours for taking special language

by DaCheech 38 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

One of the latest announcement letters from the WTS is that people should attend special

classes setup for the purpose of preaching to foreign language communities. These special classes are

followed by field service to use the "info" learned right away!

If the person is a pioneer they can count up to 25 hours a month of these classes as

pioneer time!

Can you believe this. Is class really preaching?

loopholes to show how many hours are "grandiously" being spent relaying Jesus' and Jeh's word

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

i find it funny how you can count this time ONLY if you are a pioneer. why are there different rules for pioneers and non-pioneers. it makes me wish i was a jdub again just so i could attend these classes and count 25 hours in a month WHILE NOT PIONEERING!! it would really show my free-spirited independent attitude.

bethel

• Will Power
    Will Power

I find it HILARIOUS that this "counting" of time and the GRAND TOTAL is somehow connected to one's salvation and a determining factor in this person's afterlife!!! (or living forever - not to be confused with imortality - which they don't believe in anyway !! ) Are they really expecting these totals to somehow appear in this make believe book of life?

How many people's lives did they devastate with these hours - wouldn't that be more of an indicator...

• Pole
    Pole

The legalistic stupidity of WTS has gained a new dimension.

It's another totalitarian tactic. They produce a virtual, worthless currency and pay their mental slaves with it.

In former-communist countries like Poland we have special vocab for such arrangements. This one is a "kombinat" - a large self-sustainable totalitarian factory complex whose workers get paid with the money produced by the factory. And they can only spend this money at the factory store.

Anybody out there wants to buy 50 pineer hours?

Pole

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    I find it HILARIOUS that this "counting" of time and the GRAND TOTAL is somehow connected to one's salvation and a determining factor in this person's afterlife!!! (or living forever - not to be confused with imortality - which they don't believe in anyway !! ) Are they really expecting these totals to somehow appear in this make believe book of life?

I just find it sad.

Since the conception of the Bible Students and then JWs, it appears that the rules are continiously being relaxed to try and rekindle the "joy" that Jws are supposed to exhibit.

Unfortunately the "men who rule" just don't get it. to be a JW is to have the proverbial millstone around one's neck.

Luke 11:46 (New Living Translation)
    46 "Yes," said Jesus, "how terrible it will be for you experts in religious law! For you crush people beneath impossible religious demands, and you never lift a finger to help ease the burden.
    Go figure.
  • observador
    observador

"In former-communist countries like Poland we have special vocab for such arrangements. This one is a "kombinat" - a large self-sustainable totalitarian factory complex whose workers get paid with the money produced by the factory. And they can only spend this money at the factory store. "

How true, Pole!

It made me think about how Amway business works: it's so hard to fulfill their quotas that "employees" have to buy the products themselves.

Observador.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Ridiculous

• AlanF
    AlanF

Fascinating. This just goes to show that the so-called "preaching work" is a farce. The Society doesn't cause JWs to do it to make converts (we know how supremely inefficient a process it is) but to prove to other JWs that one is performing a required sacrament. So, over the years, the JWs have turned what was once a sincerely motivated activity into a mere sacramental ritual. "Counting time" is one name for it.

AlanF

• Honesty
    Honesty

This would be comical if..... the GB, INC. wasn't ruining lives with such meaningless regulations.

loopholes to show how many hours are "grandiously" being spent relaying Jesus' and Jeh's word

When did the WTBTS relay Jesus' words? Did they change the FDS doctrine?

• Mary
    Mary
    If the person is a pioneer they can count up to 25 hours a month of these classes as pioneer time! Can you believe this. Is class really preaching?

You wanna hear one even better than that? I knew a pioneer who would go to Bethel in the summertime to pick their fucking vegetables---and guess what? You could could that as "time" on your Service Report!!! I'm not sure if this just applies to pioneers, or the average publisher, but I was stunned when she told me you could count this as time.......ya, picking vegetables and preaching........I can't see the difference, can YOU see the difference?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit