Are you Living or Existing?

by Golf 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

whyamihere, good for you. It makes me proud to hear such stories. Its an example to others that it can be accomplished. Thank you.

Jules99, age doesn't make a difference as you know. It doesn't bother me when older men go with younger women. In fact, it doesn't bother me when older women go with younger men, to each their own. Life is what we make it. The essence of life 'is' living. There is so much to enjoy we just gotta reach out, do it!

Thanks for replying.

Guest77

• Golf
    Golf

Acsot, believe it not, I was thinking about you the other day and I was wondering when you would give us a call and give us a visit.

The question about Native beliefs. Yes, we stay close to mother nature and we hold many things sacred. My mom and grandmother always reminded us to be respectful. I'm sorry to say that the younger generation's compass needs adjusting. All in all is pretty good.

I agree with you about not being close to witnesses in the cong., another poster made the same comment. I find this weird since we're suppose to be a close family.

I'm glad to hear that your involve in other activities, we need to set goals a purpose for our daily living, it beats existing.

Yes, give us a call and I asked JH to do the same thing when he's in the neighborhood.

Thanks and take good care of yourself.

Guest77

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ...

I guess I'm trying to live for good ... there are still so much limits but it's ok ... I just need some real satisfaction (even in fluff) ... If I'm dissapointed about me I still can do something about it (blame myself, learn about it, and go along with it or move on), if by others it's an other story, I'm not against following, but not without question nor reaction.

• Golf
    Golf

frenchbabyface, let me say, there's every reason to live. Naturally we exist but its up to us make life worth living. Some posters got 'into' activites and projects that have made life worth living. One of the things I've learned is to let 'time' do its thing. Rushing into things takes the joy out of life.

Some people have taken 'relaxing exercises.' What activities are you interested in? How about traveling? Reading? If you plan to live for good, THAT'S GOOD! It is also positive!

Why are YOU blaming yourself over things that are beyond your control? Do you think that's a needless exercise? Follow your dreams. Execute your plans, don't let anything get in your way including yourself. You find by doing things gradually it becomes a habit, it you expect instant miracles you'll get disappointed. take things in stride.

I have six grown children and if you ask them about me, it will shock you. I believe in action. I've been into sports since childhood and it has played a dominant factor in my life.

Make personal plans no matter how 'small' and execute them!

Guest77

• franklin J
    franklin J

..after I left the JWs I ran for my life. My life had become; due to all the JW nonsense, just an existance of trying to survive their ridiculus requirements.

My running took me from New York , USA to Rome Italy where I got my head screwed on straight. I attended school in Rome . I wandered around Europe and rediscovered how wonderful life can be. My protracted adolesence finally ended and the JW nonsense became clear to me as just that "nonsense".

I completed my schooling and came back to New York city to start my career; which I did. I led the single bachelor/ playboy life until that got old and I settled down to get married and start my family.

After 5 years of marriage, The arrival of my children started an entire new chapter in my life. They renewed everything and made life sparkle.

We have our good days and our bad days; I think that is normal. Life is good. I have chewed it thoroughly and enjoyed it.

I have to say that at this phase of my life I am living , and it is all worthwhile.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Golf,

Oh I like to do a lot of things (traveling, hiking, camping, ... , computing, learning, sharing ... playing playing playing ... of course). I was thinking about immigrate lately and wondered why exactly all of the sudden ? where ? And what I would need to get there ?

I do plan lots of things that interest me, but I'm used to want things when I can have them (before they are dreams and they can stay dreams as a way to be satisfied till I have opportunities to make them happen) So I don't get frustrated (and I give up pretty quick, not now means not now ... my limits) ...I'm very passionate and NOT patient AT ALL (those are few of my biggest weaknesses) so I'd better be ready and know exactly what I want before I want it for good. Also I think I'm very lazy in lots of matters ... just because they are not motivating enough to me, so am I really interested then ? no motivation = no action = lazy in the area ... (but I've though about it - and I know why I'm not that interested and won't have the feeling of missing something).

• Golf
    Golf

frenchbabyface, yes, some people are limited but still manage to live their lives to the fullest 'within' their means.

Living with the express purpose of enjoying what your doing doesn't require money. You say you have plans, ok, what plans can you fulfill? Sometimes when we have too much on our plate we lose our vision and purpose.Take for example, I'm a quick eater, my wife says to me, did you taste your food? No I didn't. I've been working on slowing down, eating wasn't one of my favorite chores, really. I'm working on it. Now, if I can learn to enjoy my food like like I enjoy living, I would accomplish another feat.

Accomplish what you can and enjoy it. Every accomplishment is a stepping stone to other accomplishments. The best.

Guest77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit