Things That Youths Hate About Being A JW:

by Englishman 47 Replies latest jw friends

• trevor
    trevor

My day at school would begin with sitting alone in a classroom while the rest of the school attended assembly. I was forbidden to worship with them, so I would sit and pray or recall the events of the night before. I was not allowed to join the school orchestra or take part in the annual school play. I never belonged to a school sports team or took part in any team event that might mean spending a moment more than was absolutely necessary at my ?worldly school.? Weekends away canoeing and camping were also taboo. To be a ?boy scout? was totally banned.

It's amazing that I have turned out so nnormal nnow

Trevor

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    It's a strange thing when you find that people in the world are far better that those you thought were going to inherit the world!

Gill - you are so right. One of the first things that happened to me when I was made to leave home was the women at the supermarket I worked at, who hardly knew me, got a collection together of all the things I might need, like blankets, crockery, cutlery, towels, kettles, irons - everything because I literally had nothing but my books and the clothes I stood up in. That really moved me. They put christianity into practice unlike the witnesses who had grown up with me - seen me 4 or 5 times a week for years and now disowned me.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yes indeed.

I was stunned when I left the JW's to find that the world was actually full of very nice people.

Englishman.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Trying to get the smell of a spilled beer out of the car before field service.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Everything!

Brooke

• franklin J
    franklin J

Trevor and Coldredrain summed it all up for me; I could not have said my experiences any better.....

The emotional scars of being forced to be different from ones peers in school are still there; although it took me 2 years in therapy to "disconnect" from the JW mindset.

My life has gone on.

Occasionaly I will react to certain phrases or events; a ghost stuck in the machinery. The kinks have taken 20 years to work out; I am still fine tuning it.....

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I guess I am somewhat Lucky as a JW in school. Yeah I wanted to do more in school like everyone else. My parents choose not to raise thier kids and think about only them and I got to do anything I wanted. pPeople thought I was a cool JW. I wasn't weird and I was different but I was me and I stood out and I was well known. Like Franklin J I am going to therapy and it may take awhile but I am sure with time things will be better in the way I was raised.

Brooke

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    the terrible overwhelming desire to GET OUT OF THE ORG, but you CAN'T because you are still just a kid. It is like a nighmare that you can't wake up from.

My whole childhood was a nightmare up until the age of 17-18, when I decided that I wasn't going to take it anymore.

The thing as a youth that I hated about being a JW: being abused and having no one--not even the police--believe you, because your grandad is a super-elder and people will believe him before they believe you. Karma is a bitch, though.

laters

kaykay_mp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit