Film Documentary about Ex JWs

by Ayernye 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ayernye
    Ayernye

hello!

My name is Ayernye... sometimes I go by Stephan... It used to be Stephen McGuire back when I was a Witness in the Wilmington and Groton Massachusetts congregations from '83 - '94. Was a Pioneer and Ministerial Servant and was married for two of those years.

With tremendous agony and confusion, I moved far away to discover myself... Took years to adjust to my new reality... Drugs... drinking... anything to numb my tired brain... But the transformation was eventual and so worth it... of course... I am now my own person... Mostly happy, adjusted and living my life to the best I can...

http://www.treemedia.com/team_stephan.htm

http://www.earthtribefoundation.org/biosx.htm

Given that I moved out to LA and am now in "the Industry", I have been wanting to create a film documentary focusing on those who have left the JW religion. This will be a labor of love... (sorry for the cliche...). My partners and I are in preproduction right now... getting clear on what we want and how we are going to do this...

We will be interviewing people this summer those who were JWs and are now out... Our intention is to interview those who would like to share their stories... painful or otherwise... (as indeed truth is stranger than fiction... you hardly can write the stuff we have gone through) and to hopefully show that one can indeed rise up, challenge 'authority', and find one's own voice.

The theme of redemption is Universal, so we are aiming for a mainstream viewing audience. We want this film to do the International Film Festival Circuit and win awards... so we are aiming high in quality.

I know that we are all in different stages of this transformation... Regardless of where you are with this, if you would like to contribute to this project by being interviewed... or by somehow lending a hand, please do email me at [email protected] and let me know.

Thank you everyone in advance for your help.

Ayernye

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Ayernye, Welcome!

Sounds like you are doing wonderful work and I want to offer you my best wishes in your endeavor. Please keep us posted on your progress with this if you can.

~Merry

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Terrific idea man! Good luck.

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

check your e-mail. I'm sending you a message right now.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Can I be in your film?

I'll play the part of "a friend in need".

"Get out of here NOW!"

How'd I do, how'd I do?

Sorry Ayernye... it's an inside joke about a witness who resides here trying to save the weary.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• jwsons
    jwsons

Welcome to the forum. You better contact with Randy Watters at: www.freeminds.org .Randy very happy to know your efforts and will help you in many aspects (experiences, his connections to ex-jehovah's Witnesses in all over the world, press, etc...) He also has a same interest. jwsons

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I'll play the part of "a friend in need".

LOL.....dyin over here!!!!!!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Hi,

First off, welcome to the board.

I own a production house in NYC. Share the same zip as the borg.

I'm somewhere between an outline and the treatment of a doc about the borg and was planning on shooting April - May. However, we've just won a bid for 14 commercials and so this project is going hold. So, if there is anything you may need from the Brooklyn area let me know.

Pick-up shots / interviews etc...

By the way, what are you shooting on? DV HD 16mm 35mm???

Steve.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

heads up, you may want to talk with a poster here by the name of 6of9. He's a photographer and has done his own short film about jws/xjws.

But I say wonderful on your project. Especially while we watch the news about the screwed up Michael Jackson. Don't you think his childhood contributed to his reality???

Anyway, I'm sure you'll have plenty who volunteer, if not, I'll be happy to talk about my past. (see profile) and how happy I am now.

Joy

• free will
    free will

wow! i hope i'm the only cynic here, but are you for real? do you honestly think people would just assume you are who you say you are and unload their grief? you might be better off asking people who know and trust your history. sorry if i offend but your request doesn't seem rational.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit