If This Isn't A Cult----What Is It????

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The Organization teaches that we leave everyone and everything else behind when we join Christianity (also known as the "Truth"). Your father, mother, brother and sister all have to be given up to become a "real" Christian. Friends that you grew up that are not of the same religion must be abandoned. Making any new friends that aren't Witnesses is really an act of disloyalty to Jehovah God and to the Organization.If your Witness family started having second thoughts for various reasons and they did not see the Organization in the same light as all the others, they too would have to be avoided and if word got out, you would not be able to even say "hello" to them!........If this isn't a "cult", what is???

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

It is a Tluc not a Cult.

A rose by any name would smell just ass sweat. :P

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

Its a high control group. Ive have heald it in my mind that while it displays acts commonly associated with cults, it also doesnt do some. In my book, thats a high control group.

• minimus
    minimus

I used to feel that way too. After seeing all the ":signs"------it's a cult!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Its a cult. It really is. There's no softening of it in my mind.. the only thing is that they their leaders have not told them to do anything blatently violent like a lot of phychotic groups that come to mind when we usually think of a cult.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I remember years ago hearing when you have to start defending yourself as not being what others are saying you are means you are it. I also remember the arguments the WTS gave to defend the "cult" label being put on them. The circular reasonings of the WTS no longer hold water to me. In the words of (oops can't remember his name) but that tree hugger who died while running......You are what you eat! LOL *Edited to say I remember his name but probably not spelling it correctly; Ywel Gibbons!

The signs are there it's just so frustrating trying to reason with a dubbie about it I was the same way while in, you can't see the forest for the trees. This is one reason they stress meeting attendance, it doesn't take too long missing meetings before you start to see the truth about the troof?.

It's a cult mini, plain and simple! Here is some good information on cults and JW's:

http://www.xjw.com/whatcult.html

Kate

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Well that's it isn't.

Either it's God's Channel or it's a Cult.

So to answer your question - if it isn't a Cult it's God's Channel.

• minimus
    minimus

As Kate referenced, it can't be God's channel!

• heathen
    heathen

I'd say they have enough man made rules and use of dogma to be considered a cult . Good God these people don't even admit the use of dogma , instead they have some very strange way of changing their beliefs with the new light and old light . Obviously if you didn't have it right and enforced it as church doctrine you were only enforcing an opinion that was stated as fact .The whole "you must obey the WTBTS no matter what", stance just sounds so cultish to me . If you disagree with anything that's in print you can't just come out and say so, like they did in the first christian churches and you are considered spiritually weak for doing so .

• freedom96
    freedom96

Look at the classic lists of charactoristics of cults, and witnesses will nail 9 out of 10 of them every time.

Try it. It's scary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit