Where are JW's most vulnerable?

by PopeOfEruke 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

What's the more effective method to try to open the dormant organ most JW's have as a brain?

Is it tackling them on Biblical issues and inconsistencies, for instance the "great crowd" dilemma from Revelation, or the Isaiah "new world" problem recently posted by Leolaia?

Is it the blood issue, either based on a scriptural attack or else a humanistic "value-of-life" approach?

Does the modern-day history of the organisation, the lies and changes and evidence of false prophecy provide the best opening?

Or are the scandals and lies, like the UN scandal, or the owning of shares in military companies, the biggest chink in a JW's suit-of-armour?

Where are they MOST vulnerable? How best to witness to a Witless?

Pope

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I still wonder but somehow it must depends on what each are the most attached to ... (also their situation at the moment they get the information) ...

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Where are the jw's most vulnerable??

On my front porch.

Outoftheorg

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ... outouftheborg !!!

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I dunno... the tactics used by the GB seem to make their control over JWs virtually unassailable from without (but not quite as much from within, perhaps). The combination of making the R&F feel smart by giving them a snappy comeback for absolutely anything (regardless of reason and logic), stupid if they admit they can't digest even half of the outdated "meat" they are fed, safe by promising them eternal life, threatened with disfellowshipping and death if they think, say or do anything other than they are taught, and better than everyone around them (to counterbalance the inferiority complex also instilled by the GB) is pretty powerful.

So I tend to think the only thing that makes JWs "vulnerable" is their own inner doubts to the extent that they will allow themselves to explore them.

~Merry

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

This is a good topic and hope that someone gives me some answers here. It seems as if nothing gets through to a hard core dub--they believe that everything that you say against the Org is a lie and that their faith is being tested. This makes no sense at all. The facts should speak for themselves. If these things against the WT are lies then they should be able to be proven as falsehoods--thus further strengthening ones faith in the WT religion. But the WT doesn't want its members to look and see and that is why all the warnings: The dangers of the internet! Turn away from anyone who is speaking against the WT! If the WT was not afraid that it would be proven wrong then why all the paranoia?

I would say personally I got sick of the prejudice--tired of the hatred against any one and anything not JW approved...tired of the nit-picking and judgement...tiredof the hate-hate-hate..

cybs.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Discrediting the organization with documentation. This would be for the ones that don't respond to commonsense. And then you have those that would never change, even if they know its wrong.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

The JW cult mindset is almost bullet-proof to reason. But my favorite is the 607 dilemma.

It can be said that JWs are the only group (religious or otherwise that hold to this date). Revise that date and you unhinge 1914.

Another interesting tactic is to get a JW to expose him/herself to direct "apostacy," for example JWD. Seeing that this is not based on hate-mongering propaganda can be an eye-opener.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i think if your talking to a long time witness.. reminding them of all the articles that bashed the catholic church, and how so many of the things they bashed the CC for they have done since then.. joining the UN, not protecting children but protecting molesters, preventing its members from reading certain materials.. ( censorship by the catholic church used to be a big deal to the wtbs)..and just pointing out local wrongdoing by the body of elders. most places you dont have to dig deep to find info. for instance... a single older sister at our hall was counsled to quit her job at a convenience store because she'd be selling and stocking cigarettes.... but an elder worked for phillip morris affiliate and that was ok. hypocrisy is easy to find.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I think Cameron hits it in the bulls-eye in attacking the F&DS doctrine, which is the basis of their authority. But different things appeal to different people. Silentlambs, the NGO flap, 607 BC, the covered-up history, blood, and other things are extremely effective in their own way. Teaching dubs how to think criticially and spot circular thinking (which Ray Franz does very well in his In Search of Christian Freedom) is also very important.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit