"What would happen to a jw, if proved gb was not given special authority?"

by Check_Your_Premises 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

Nobody sticks with a religion because they beleive it. They stick with the religion because the lifestyle it promote works for them. The belief is a byproduct of the lifestyle in every case.

Therefore I think the average dub would stay put as if nothing had been said.

• jules99
    jules99

Have worked out what most of the abbreviations are..................

But, please, what is a "dub"?

Sorry for being thick........?

Jules

• jaredg
    jaredg
    But, please, what is a "dub"?

jehovah's witness......JW......."jay dub".....dub

• jules99
    jules99

Ahhhhh..........as in George Dubya (-ish)

Thanks !

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

"...peoples divided by a common language."

• barbar
    barbar

"The Jimmy Swaggart case was the first thing that was proven to me and I flat out didn't believe it until I saw the online documents for myself."

What Jimmy swaggart case? Plus if any one can tell me how to paste quotes in the nice yellow block i'll be very happy. Well a little bit happy anyway.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I hope this comes out right....

http://www.geocities.com/paulblizard/jimmy.html

This was all before the UN scandal and a few other things were brought out.

Annie

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

Re: "What would happen to a jw, if proved gb was not given special authority?"

This is intriguing.

It reminded me of the first book I studied "Let God Be True" (though every man be found a liar Romans 3:4)

I fear however that the question may rest on the choice of looking to men for hope rather than God. That is the prevalent view in the world today and its persistence will certainly cause many to 'miss out'. But not those who are faithful. That should answer the question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit