I just got access to a HUGE WT library...what do I want to get?

by wanderlustguy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

I don't know. It just seems that there are an awful lot of books out there that DON'T make it to the EX-jw private collectors. Just a guess on my part, I certainly don't have any inside information. It would seem to fit their M.O. of suppressing any unfavorable information due to "new light" though. LOL!

I would think the 1934 Yearbook would be high on their list of literature to "buy back" if the opportunity presents itself.

Sorry for making such a definitive statement on what really amounts to a slightly paranoid guess... blame it on my doom and gloom-everyone-is-out-to-get-us upbringing.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!

• Odrade
    Odrade

...just wanted to add... I've been with JWs at places like Goodwill when they've spotted older publications on the shelf for sale. They often buy them because they are "old, and we wouldn't want folks to get the wrong idea because they don't have the 'new light.'"

So, whether WTS representatives are buying things on ebay to keep them out of public notice, I don't know. But I have NO DOUBT, that just as people here buy old writings to expose the WTS inconsistencies and abuses, there are JWs and apologists doing the same thing in order to protect the society. Whether or not they have corporate sanction, the end result is the same.

If you have something of real value as a tool against the WTS, DON'T SELL IT ON EBAY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit