The great crowd gets tested twice .

by moomanchu 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I remember being taught that there would be another testing period at the end of the 1000 years. Those that passed that final test would receive the gift of 'everlasting life'. Not immortality. Immortality was granted only to those called to heaven. (Even the angels were not granted immortality, as I recall.)

I think it was explained to me that perfection did not mean 'would not sin'. Rather it was ability to make perfect, knowing decisions. Not necessarily in line with Jehovah's purposes. Free-will would still exist.

Then again, I could have foggy memmory (too much fear, obligation, and guilt to think clearly...!)

-Aude.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I remember being taught that there would be another testing period at the end of the 1000 years. Those that passed that final test would receive the gift of 'everlasting life'. Not immortality. Immortality was granted only to those called to heaven. (Even the angels were not granted immortality, as I recall.)

That's kind of what I recall also. No matter how long you live gawd can still snuff you in the end if you get out of line.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Typical borg doubletalk and then they back up when confronted with it. Shheeesh

• rebel8
    rebel8

I always wondered that too, but was silenced when I asked a question about it.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Well everything they teach is based on fear anyways. Question the org you will be DF'd( castout), They even keep you in fear about the new system -you mustn't have any individual or free-thinking or you will still die. Very clever brain-washing, I must say :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit