The great crowd gets tested twice .

by moomanchu 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

The great crowd gets tested twice .
    They have to remain faithful through armagedon or be faithful till death
    to enter the paradise .

They must also pass another test of faith at the
    end of the thousand year reign to receive immortality on earth .

The annointed only need to remain faithful through armagedon and

be faithful till death to receive their immortality in heaven .

Would a just God do this ? Am I missing something here ?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Would a just God do this ?

No.

Am I missing something here ?

Nope, their doctrine really doesn't make sense!

• setfree
    setfree

That is the teaching of the WTBTS. By chance have you read any of Ray Franz' books?

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

yes I read both

I asked this question at a sheperding call and just got

a strange look and then the subject was changed .

Just wanted to see if it was logical to other people .

• setfree
    setfree

Yea, it "sounded" logical the way they presented it. But how many of us actually did any research on this doctrine? I for one did not. For example the scripture a John 5:24 as well as many other. They would just say " the new testament was mostly written to the "annointed". Not for the rank and filers.

• Neo
    Neo

Doesn't make any sense to me.

I asked this question at a sheperding call and just got

a strange look and then the subject was changed

It's too common!! This happens all the time, they don't wanna deal with hard questions.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    They must also pass another test of faith at the
    end of the thousand year reign to receive immortality on earth .

From another thread or website it gets even worse than that.

The words used by the WT were not immortality but everlasting life.The main thought was that only the 144000 received TRUE immortality.

The ones that live on the earth (after two tests) would still be put to death by jehovah (the loving god) if they ever stepped out of line in the billions trillions etc etc etc of life that was granted to them.

Anybody else remember more about this ???

• setfree
    setfree

I thought that after the 1000 yr test and you reached perfection you were now incapable of sin?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I thought that after the 1000 yr test and you reached perfection you were now incapable of sin?

Remember Adam was perfect but that did not stop him from sinning,if the story is to be believed. According to "theory" we will attain the same perfection that Adam had...therefore the same problems may come up. Wasn't there something about god designing us as "free moral agents" ???

• simplesally
    simplesally

The theory regarding the great crowd being tested is that they were tested as imperfect ones and it will be fairly easy to pass the test again though this time they will be perfect. Although, according to Revelation there will be a great number that will encircle the encampment, so that doesn't sound so easy to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit