Class Action Lawsuit in Wrongfull Death against the Governing Body

by frankiespeakin 13 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm not very knowledgable about legal things but would there be any profitablity in a class action lawsuit in the wrongfull deaths caused by the Governing Body's enforcement of a "no blood transfusion allowed" policy which used the threat of disfellowshipment. Couldn't close family members sue and win?

• integ
    integ

I have no personal experience with someone I'm related to dying because of no Blood. But I will support the cause.

Integ.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think this type of lawsuit can be a real cash cow for the right legal firm. That's why I put it out in cyberspace. Some clever firm or lawyer might make a lot of money and break the Governing Body's control.

• frankiespeakin
  • Honesty
    Honesty

I have a child visitation/custody case in March and the blood transfusion policies of the GB are going to be a major point. Also the demand for blind obedience to the GB at the risk of DF'ing in all matters. Will let ya know how far this goes and if any of the GB are subpoenaed since they make and represent 100% of the decisions for Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe that once that fact is established in a court of law and withstands appeals from the WTBTS the floodgates of wrongful death judgements are going to open up on the WTBTS and it's affiliates.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I think it would be a good thing to do even if it couldn't be won...to get the word out......

Maybe a HUGE class action suit for zillions of dollars would get the attention of the press, and save a few people from joining this cult.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

It would be very difficult to prove evidentially that the GB caused the wrongful death because the clauses contained in the Medical Release are voluntary and because the claimant has died they wouldnt really be able to argue that they were forced into it when they have signed a voluntary release document like a living will. His or her estate would have to prove that he was coerced into signing the document under duress which to be honest i dont think would hold much water.

Of course there are some exceptions but the case would be an uphill battle not only because of the WTBTS stance of litigation (ie not settling) but because of the evidential difficulties too.

Brilliant idea but a long shot i fear.

• avengers
    avengers
    I believe that once that fact is established in a court of law and withstands appeals from the WTBTS the floodgates of wrongful death judgements are going to open up on the WTBTS and it's affiliates.

I wish you all the power in the world.

Andy

• rebel8
    rebel8

Only an attorney can answer that question. If your question pertains to US law, you can try posting it at www.freeadvice.com

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

If someone can sue McDonalds over hot coffee and thousands of people can sue Big Tobacco over doing something they know is harmful, it's not unresonable to think that someone can sue the Society for brainwashing someone to not accept a blood transfusion. Even if it only helps so the rest of the world how crazy the JW's are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit