The cross............ Why the denial of what it represents???

by coz 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Well if you think about it the society as set itself up to be an idol to worship instead of Christ Jesus, so they dont need a cross as a symbol. The cross would detract from the importantance of the governing body and the society as a whole and it therefore not needed nor wanted by the society.

Josie

Josie-----I SO agree with that! It's becoming more and more apparent (IMHO) that the WTS and all its components are looking very much like the Anti-christ. They have taken everything sacred to real Christians throughout the world and desecrated it AND try to pass it off as "accurate knowledge"!

JWs don't even realize that they ARE worshiping the creation rather than the Creator. They look to the GB for their (gag) "spiritual food" and absolutely do NOT know the real Christ in any way.

Annie

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

jgnat....Concerning your first point, I agree that personal experience (e.g. experiencing the Spirit, experiencing a relationship with God) is the true essence of Christian faith -- rather than a story, a theory of theology, or trying to rationally ground one's faith in empirical facts. It's that living experience manifested in faith and religosity that also transcends doctrinal borders and dogma. I tend to think that Paul's theology was secondary to his own experience, of which he wrote profusely about, and the theology existed to make sense of how and why he experienced God in the way he did. The whole emphasis on the "Spirit" and the works of the "Spirit" in the NT attest the daily experience that continually shaped the faith of those in the movement. If one bases faith on a mere book or a collection of historical facts, that can always be questioned, but if you base it on your own experience of God, no one can ever take that away from you. It is interesting then to compare this with the faith of the JWs, which is always based on the Bible and on "knowledge" and rationalism. Indeed, I never found much interest on the part of the Society on cultivating a real experience of God and religious emotion. The "worship" is rather "study of Watchtower literature," teaching others, and other intellectual activity.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Well if you think about it the society as set itself up to be an idol to worship instead of Christ Jesus, so they dont need a cross as a symbol. The cross would detract from the importantance of the governing body and the society as a whole and it therefore not needed nor wanted by the society.

Josie

Josie-----I SO agree with that! It's becoming more and more apparent (IMHO) that the WTS and all its components are looking very much like the Anti-christ. They have taken everything sacred to real Christians throughout the world and desecrated it AND try to pass it off as "accurate knowledge"!

JWs don't even realize that they ARE worshiping the creation rather than the Creator. They look to the GB for their (gag) "spiritual food" and absolutely do NOT know the real Christ in any way.

Annie I agree. They are worshipping Satan and don't even realise it. Bob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit