Is Valentine's Day Overrated?

by Swan 24 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

(((sphere))) Has he acknowledged the day in the past?

For you a dozen roses, although belated --->

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

rebel8,

What's wrong with showing your love every day, and then celebrating it on a special day each year?

Yes, exactly. Any holiday that involves family or other loved ones is an excuse to have a party about something that you cherish all year long.

And that's my Hallmark verse for the year.

We celebrated Valentine's Day in our sloppy minimalist fashion: I merely wished my husband a Happy Valentine's Day. He got the jump on me yesterday by smiling at me and saying "Your existence pleases me."

Now, think about it. That is actually incredibly romantic. How often do you get told "Thank you for living"?

gently feral

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

For Swan and Sphere - and anyone else who got over looked at Valentines.

(Better late than never right?!)

• Robdar
    Robdar

I got married on Valentine's Day. Now that I'm divorced, I think that I might have ruined any of my future celebrations. I think that if I ever bother to be in another steady relationship, I will have to come up with a different date to celebrate on.

I agree that VD has become very commercialized. Still, it's sweet to see lovers do something romantic for each other. It gives me hope...

Robyn

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I got a box of See's Candy (my fav), a very sweet card, a burned cd of my favorited songs (which hubby put in the cd player in the car to surprize me), and some good luvin.

I made hubby a very nice dinner with some nice wine and some good luvin.

all in all it was a nice sweet day

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit