Whose watched the Grammys?

by Brummie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I can't stand Kanye West . He has no talent that I can identify. I adore Alicia Keys, I'm glad both she and Usher got so many awards.

• Badger
    Badger

avishai:

I loved that too...and it's not just country...Infinity/Clear Channel/Corporate Radio locks out a LOT of creations...We all rag on Prince for being a JW, but ever since he went out on his own labelwise, he has gotten NO radio love.

Support Independent Music/Radio/Media!

• avishai
    avishai

Sirius, baby!

• carefully faded
    carefully faded
    Sherry - Melissa Etheridge coming out there, still puffy from her chemo, bald-headed from her chemo, not trying to hide it, and then belting out a Janice Joplin song.... highlight of the whole evening and made me cry. What a brave woman.

I'm sorry I missed that! I love Melissa and was so sorry to hear about her cancer. She's a strong woman though and will hopefully come through this just fine.

- CF

• Brummie
    Brummie

YES Jamie Foxx was brilliant! Doesnt he have any of his own stuff out?

I was pleased to see USHER doing so well too, definately vocal talent at its best!

Is Joss Stone big in the USA? She is from Devon here in the UK and was only 17 when she did her abum last year.

Overall, the grammys was great.

Brummie

• Brummie
    Brummie

Oh yeah, Melissa was impressive too!

Who was the elderly woman who did the guitar thing after they showed all those who died last year? She had long ginger hair?

I didnt know Laura Brannigan had died until I watched the Grammys!

Brummie

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

OMG!! Bonnie Raitt! She is one of the best blues singers out there!

Sherry

• Badger
    Badger

Joss is starting to catch on...a lot of my students like her sound (they're Inner city, and tought to please.)

Jamie Foxx has sang here and there...On the "Any Given Sunday" soundtrack, for instance (a movie where he played a young backup quarterback)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit