Whose watched the Grammys?

by Brummie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

See Alicia Keys sing "if I aint got you" live ? Darn goosebumps all round here! Same with Joss Stone.

Then Jenifer Lopez sings and blerk! No talent vocally what so ever.

Who do you think shoulda won a grammy?

Brummie

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Not me, I was watching these ladies....

• Gopher
    Gopher

I saw the show. I don't know who "shoulda" won because I don't keep up with all the pop music these days. But I did enjoy the variety of styles among the 24 different performances. (But what was up with Kanye West rapping gospel?)

There were 2 winners who didn't accept their awards -- Ray Charles and Brother Prince Nelson. Well, Ray's passed away so he had a reason.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Football was on.

Brooke

• Badger
    Badger

Kanye; AWESOME

Green Day: Deserved it.

Great opening medley.

Jamie Foxx can Siiiinnngggg.....

Alicia Keys! Oh my Goddess....

Franz didn't win...oh well.

Maroon 5...Best New Artist...nice knowin' ya.

• Special K
    Special K

I too watched the Grammy's and you are right Brummie when you said Alicia Keys sing "if I aint got you" live was just great. I thought it was one of the best performances.

I personally didn't like the opening act. Two many super great songs being sung at the same time. I'd have loved to have heard them more individual and that's just my take.

sk

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Melissa Etheridge coming out there, still puffy from her chemo, bald-headed from her chemo, not trying to hide it, and then belting out a Janice Joplin song.... highlight of the whole evening and made me cry. What a brave woman.

Sherry

• Badger
    Badger

Even bald and puffy, she probably looked and sounded better than Janis (Who, If I may commit high heresy against the Church of Rock and Roll, was VERY overrated)

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Who do you think shoulda won a grammy?

Brummie

The Beatles, Jethro Tull

Dismembered

• avishai
    avishai

I thought it was good. Jack White and Loretta Lynn onstage was the highlight, speechwise. She was sooo cute and classy. I like how he pointed out how the nashville industry snubs anything made outside their machine. Like the country music world is JUST NOW coming around to the albums John Cash made on american records starting TEN YEARS AGO!! Some of the best of his career. But did you hear them on country radio? Hell no. You had to hear them on college and independent radio.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit