District Assembly, Elland Road, Leeds about 15 years ago

by New Worldly Translation 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Littletoe - not as deliriously pleased as I was. I cannot describe how weird and brilliant it is to finally speak to somebody who knew me as a JW and someone who knew me before I was 16 and left.

Finally I feel like I did in fact exist pre-16, sometimes it feels like it was a bad dream and all the people I knew - my mum, my daddy, my sisters, my grandparents, my aunts, my uncles, my cousins, my dear dear friends - only existed in my recurring dreams. I feel a fraction less orphanned - oh jeez I'm getting emotional again!!!!

over and out,

crumpet

• Latte
    Latte

Ross,

I am sooo pleased for you??that is really good to hear, I?m chuffed for you too!

Did I say recently how much I love JWD???I've just spent the last hour chatting with Crumpet - we know each other and our respective families!

Ross, ISP sends his regards to you also. We have been manically busy recently, hopefully things are evening out now.

glitter

I told me mum the applause sto ry - and she said I wasn't in the kids section because they asked kids 10 and over to be in that section - so that's why I don't remember it. Me being under 10 puts it before June 1991. I think 1990 would be about right.

I think I was only at a Hillsborough convention (in 1985 or 1986) one year before it started being at Leeds, I remember sitting on blankets on the terraces... *shudder*.

The ?applause? story is hilarious! I was always amused at the ones who were there, ready with the large sheets of plastic - for when it rained..?oh the joy!

(Latte who's off the dig out the 'Youth book'.....)

(no!! i can't still have it!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit