Current

by bem 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bem
    bem

Most Emailed | Most Viewed | Ratings
    Photo Highlight
    Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez talks with people who were affected by flooding in Araira in Miranda state, about 50 km (31 miles) from Caracas, Venezuela, Saturday, Feb. 12, 2005, after floodwaters receded following a disaster that has left at least 15 people dead. (AP Photo/Miraflores, Marcelo Garcia)
    Sat Feb 12, 3:02 PM ET

? View Most Emailed - Photos Slideshow

Do you all remember a thread from last year about breastfeeding? It still amazes me that some can be so opposed to feeding the babies and others so offended. I am in the group that thinks it's one of the most natural things in the world. and see nothing embarassing or offensive about it.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Unfortunately it's probably mostly we men who cannot get around an exposed breast being used for one of the most natural of human functions. We're a small minded society of sexually repressed people, too puritanical, and way too embaressed to honestly express our individual sexuality.

*Is that a perfect breast or what?*

• bem
    bem

I understand that Art, but to me the people in the picture seem oblivious to the baby having lunch. So makes me wonder if it's the area we live in that instigates such a wide aray of feelings.

Art *?* just seen that after my post you make me laugh. just had to add that comment

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Did you guys see "Me, Myself and Irene?" I want a milk mustache too!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

That was a pretty funny movie. I think a lot of us have a darker side that we fight. Some with more succcess than others.

Jeannie

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

'Tis a beautiful thing.

Most guys have a breast obsession, so it's little surprise we get a little jealous of the kid!

• Ticker
    Ticker

Well I remember breastfeeding was so taboo in my congregation, at the book study my wife had to sit in a different room in a chair set up very far from the eyes of all others. They were so scared it might stumble someone or give immoral thoughts. This was the most ridiculous thing i ever heard of and it made us feel like outcasts and that kids were some sort of a drawback or burden. My congregation was really intolerant toword kids in general and this just furthered showed that lack of love in the congregations which was one of the factors in my leaving the org.

Ticker

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Breast feeding is beautiful!

I would never inconvenience myself or baby over some idiot prudes.

If they don't like it they don't have to watch. Besides woman are legally protected in this matter.

• bem
    bem

I agree it is a beautiful thing, I do understand what you men are talking about. It can be beautiful to most of us. and not offensive. We have women arrested for breast feeding in public. and we're talking not obvious. exposed.

I remember having to "hide " to breast feed in the KH and it always made me feel like I should be ashamed of something. Especially when the nursing can be done so that no one would even know what your doing.

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

I always nursed anywhere, any time. Though I was very discreet and showed no skin so usually no one even knew. I would never go into some smelly, germy restroom to feed my baby.

Yes, in America we're the worst about discriminating against breastfeeding. It's very different in *most* parts of the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit