I Wish I Could Apologize To Old Friends

by Robert K Stock 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I knew a Renee that somewhat matches your description. In Thousand Oaks in the 80's.

I don't know where she went to High School.

PM me if you really want more details.

-Aude.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

Im sorry to hear about what happened...I hope you feel a little better posting?

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Lostreality:

I do feel better after posting this. It is great that this forum exists.

Aude:

I would PM but do not know how. The last time I spoke with Renee was around 1976-78. The last I heard of her she was DF'd not too long after. I moved to Texas at that time and lost contact with almost all of the Witnesses I knew from Ventura.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I do know of one case where an ex JW took out an ad in the local newspaper apologizing to their town, but it was for peddling the WT crap for 50 years.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    Aude: I would PM but do not know how.

Pretty easy to send a PM.

Take your cursor and place it over my name to the left here.

A box will open with 4 options. One of them is 'send message'.

Click on 'send message' give a subject type your message and then submit/send

btw did Renee have a sister?

I do know of one case where an ex JW took out an ad in the local newspaper apologizing to their town, but it was for peddling the WT crap for 50 years.
    lol Can you imagine?? Bit funny. But I think I LIKE it..!! -Aude.
  • jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I feel for you. I am sure I owe my own share of apologies...

Don't think that people would hold it against you though if they knew how you felt now...

Jeannie

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Heaven knows i think we have all been there at one time and done something or said something as a JW that is completely unbalanced; I am sure what you said is forgotten...she might even be on this ere website...i even came across someone who was a bridesmaid at my first wedding...small world.

• under74
    under74

Robert- that's one of the most bittersweet things I've read in a while.

Thanks.

• Honesty
    Honesty

When I was a teenager the parents of the other kids would only let them go to the movies or anywhere else if I were going too. I would be the first person dropped off at home so the rest of them could park and make out!

Yeah, I used to be the laff of the party, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit