Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe in God?

by Gill 42 Replies latest jw friends

• king-arthur
    king-arthur

JWs and Islamic radicals both can rationalize anything by saying God is acting through them.

Religion is the bane of man,

Spirituality is the salvation

• phil78
    phil78

Of course they believe in God! You all have me questioning myself now. I still believe in god, as i did in the org. The only difference is that witnesses are taught by the gb who HE is, and what HE wants, and what we must do to keep HIM happy. These are the places where witnesses are misled.

• gumby
    gumby
    I don't think they do. If they did they would not feel the need for things like Judicial Committees. They'd leave it to God who supposedly can see all to judge peoples heart condition.

If god alone were good enough....there would be no need for "shepards" mentioned through out the bible.

Israels history is full leaders, judges, and priests to interceed for god. The N.T. is full of information concerning Bishops and Deacons (Elders and Ministerial Servants), serving as problem solvers in behalf of the congregation. Jesus himself said, ' if a brother sins against you....go to him.....then the "congregation". He never said just pray to god and let him handle it in that scenario.

You can blame the bible on these proceeders, not the dubs. Now the GB....that's another story.

Gumby

• Gill
    Gill

So Gumby, you're saying that a 'control freak God' is using a bunch of 'human control freaks' ie elders, judges etc, to control his uncontrollable creation?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Gumbly'll say a lot of things, especially on a Sunday!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Gill:

To the question, do the dubs believe in God?:

It's an interesting proposition -I guess it's all in the relationship, eh?

ozzie

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumbly'll say a lot of things, especially on a Sunday!

Don't listen to the Ozmeister, I'm just as negative during the week too. Yes, it appears god left some bossing around ( leadership) by leaders of the church. Read the book of Acts, Timothy, Titus. There were pillars of the faith in bible days as there is now in most churches. Me...I'm a Gumbyite....I boss myself around. Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumpope:
    There ya go again, bossing people around and telling them not to listen to Ozzie!
    Your dominion is beginning to spread!!!

• Gill
    Gill

Could it be they only believe in God when it suits them? Then the rest of the time they just go round fearing the gossip mill at their KH and 'The Wrath of the Elders' , God's 'right hand henchmen'.

• gumby
    gumby
    Your dominion is beginning to spread!!!

Yain't seen nuthin yet LT.....I'm gonna have me a congregation soon all from JWD and I'll be drivin me a Hummer in no time! I'll let you be a microphone handler in my congregation if you promise not to eat too many cookies before meeting....whadya say?

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit