Elder said I could Lie

by Es 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Hello all,

Last week my ex husband sent a letter to the Elders telling each and every one of them just what he felt about them. As they were D/F him he figured this was his last chance. In his letter he stated that as I had scriptural reason for divoce, so did he. He was write and I knew he was writing this in his letter before he sent it. So needless to say the elders contacted me the day they received the letter and said that an accusation had been made against me and they would like to see me. I have been inactive for about 2 years now.This elder who i dont particularly like rang up and said "you know ive always treated you like my daughter and I love you dearly" ( mind you he never spoke to me at the meetings, he didnt even know my sons name until I became inactive) he said we need to see you just to hear from you what you have to say about the accusation and then he said "you can lie to me if you like, Im not going to know"

I was so shocked, its like whats the use having to see them face to face if i can lie about it anyway

es

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    you can lie to me if you like, Im not going to know"

That's a bit of an ambiguous statement. I think (maybe?) you're reading it as an invitation to lie - but he probably just means that no one knows the truth unless they are witness to it, so your word has to be taken.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

When I sent my DA letter and got the big visit the elders basically told me the same thing. They told me to just take the letter back and continue as I was to make things easier on my family. I asked them if they wanted me to be a hypocrit and live a lie when they clearly knew my feelings after having read my letter. While they wouldn't come right out and tell me to lie they basically said that the only people who knew I had sent the letter were me and them so what would it really matter. How about God ? Didn't He know that I sent it and no longer believe in their cult ? I just shook my head and invited them to leave.

RGW

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

What do you think you are going to say? Sounds like a touchy situation.

J

• inquirer
    inquirer

Es -- I was so shocked, its like whats the use having to see them face to face if i can lie about it anyway

inquirer -- ha ha ha ha ha! :D

Your a comedian... Only kidding. I am sorry about what happened to you.

• inquirer
    inquirer

you can lie to me if you like, Im not going to know"

TheEdge --
    That's a bit of an ambiguous statement. I think (maybe?) you're reading it as an invitation to lie - but he probably just means that no one knows the truth unless they are witness to it, so your word has to be taken.

inquirer -- I suppose it depends on the tone (lol -- sounds like a Seinfeld situation.) The problem with this statement is that it sounds like he's encouraging her to lie. He should be straight and easy to understand!

It's the most stupid statement I have ever heard!!! (lol -- I am sorry I can't stop laughing!) I mean what if I said to my wife: "Do you love me (you can lie to me if you like?") ...I just can't see that happening in real life!!!!! There would be an argument about it. And she would think the relationship wasn't brought up upon truth. This is the key ingredient to any kind of relationship! Business or romantic or something else, you know.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome Es!

Who is this guy anyway?

A book printing company tells him he is a spiritual leader and he believes it and expects everyone else to do so as well?

He is nothing! He is a big dope! Blow him off.

Would you let your lawnman or your local shop keeper put you on the spot about your personal life? Of course not! So why let a man you know is full of crap have any rights and power over you?

He is a Big Slow Dummy, and I don't know about you but I have no time for BSD's!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

"you can lie to me if you like, Im not going to know"

I was so shocked, its like whats the use having to see them face to face if i can lie about it anyway

Wow that's more than interesting ... they really really really want to DF him !!! what a bunch of "whatever"

• inquirer
    inquirer

Yeah! Welcome to the board! Sorry I didn't say before, I just get caught up in this deep conversations on other threads. :D

• Honesty
    Honesty

Oh well, the whole religion is a lie so it's no surprise their local sales managers follow the lead of their masters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit