there have been changes.....

by lisavegas420 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

How would you respond to the following quote.....I got this from a pro JW site. I'm not going to say anything. I don't post on the site, just read.......I just wanted to know how you all would respond to this post.

NEVER let anyone cause you to doubt the organization...true there have been changes in the past in which the society readily admits to but the bottom line is that this is the channel Jehovah has chosen...remember the vision of his chariot...those wheels could change any direction on a dime...it is our responsibility to move with that chariot and keep up otherwise we will be left behind with nothing better to do than finding fault with this precious organization!

I would like to know more about the chariot wheels too....

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I think it's an apt illustration... except I envision the thousands of people they run over, maim, and kill with that chariot.... left behind wounded, bleeding and dying for real answers.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

I knew they'd come up with an excuse like that, but don't they usually call it "new light". They shoulda just stuck to that term instead of using the "chariot wheels" one. On the other hand, maybe "new light" was getting tired and played out, so to keep the devotion of dubs everywhere, they decided to change the metaphor.

laters

kaykay_mp

• catchthis
    catchthis

Here is my idea of Jah's Chariot: (I know I know, it isn't quite what you imagined a chariot as looking like)

The reason for the square wheels is because when a "change" occurs in the "wheels" of the organization, it is immediately followed by a hard jolt disrupting all of the passengers.

The analogy just used is obvious. It would also make perfect sense to an ex-jw.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

That sounds like more of the typical Watch Tower Society bafflegab

i.e. Some feeble excuse, followed by dogmatic statement to the effect that this is "The Channel the God is using":

- But with NO supporting evidence that they alone are THE one and only Channel

(Probably because there is none!)

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    the bottom line is that this is the channel Jehovah has chosen

...makes you wish you had a remote control...

laters

kaykay_mp

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

"Three wheels on my wagon, and I'm still rolling along..."

The wheels fell off the WTS wagon long ago. Hopefully they'll soon start smelling the burning from the dragged undercarriage...

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    But with NO supporting evidence that they alone are THE one and only Channel

Once you convince people of the foundation lie, they must believe in all the other gobbldegook that comes after that. The only way to get through is to debunk the initial lie, and good luck with that!

Jean

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    we will be left behind with nothing better to do than finding fault with this precious organization!

Yep!

• FairMind
    FairMind

The Bible book of Ezekiel describes Jehovah's chariot that Ezekiel saw in a vision. In the 1970's we studied a book titled Know Jehovah. Chapter 3 of this book is titled "God's Chariot Is On The Move" and goes into great detail about the Chariot and it's wheels and so forth.

FairMind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit