Entrapment(?): Bethelite Disfellowshipped for Gluttony

by frankiespeakin 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

As a teenager, I had a friend who went to Bethel and his letters always ended with, "Agape, and please send more cookies." I sent a doz a week at least. I always thought he was kidding, but now, looking back, I kinda feel bad for Russel.

J

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Entrapment ? how sinister that even in the hallow halls of bethel they have a contempteous dislike for the obese. And then to disfellowship him that is pretty bad and then setting him up is disgusting to say the least. But then we are talking about the WTS here. However:

Hamsterbait: I am sensing you have a problem with people who are quite obese. You know there are some people who can't help it. Some have metalbolic reasons for there obesity, their are those who suffer from "PRADOR WILLIE SYNDROME and their are others who suffer from "CUSHINGS DISEASE. And yes there are those who don't have to be obese but they don't know when to put their fork down and we call these types gluttons. It's awlful that people who can't help themselves should be condemned or ridiculed because of something they have no control over. It is diffucult for the obese in an obsessive society that thinks only thin and beauty make up a person. I am not trying to hurt you but what I am saying, I am only asking that you remember that heavy people have feelings too. And no one likes their feelings hurt.

And for that reason they don't deserve anothers contempt, or their scorn. They are not inferior as some people seem to think. Many persons with obesity wish that for one moment they could be thin. But even then that is a paradox, because people in society today still have a stigmatism for both the obese and thin skinny persons. Thin skinny persons are also mocked about as much as a heavy person is. . If we could just stop and think could I walk a mile in his shoes, we may be not so quick to pass judgement.

With all sincerity and respect to all

Orangefatcat..

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

If that is true, then the GB are liars. The only wa to get DF'ed (to my knowledge) is to have an unrepentant attitude toward whatever deed you did.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    The guy was probably thin too. I knew a lot of thin JWs who had huge appetites.

The Bethel guys probably just decided he was too expensive to keep around.

Walter

It could also be that they just didn't like him for some reason. Or some other behavior was 'marginal'. They may have had some other grievance against him but this what could be proven by more than '2 witnesses' and was irrefutable. Kinda like jailing a mobster for tax-evasion. -Aude.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

frankiespeakin................

I remember one time at Bethel Governing Body member Grant Suiter gave the Bethel family a rather long morning lecture about not flushing the toliets in there private rooms unless you did a number 2. Number 1's where not a reason to flush the toleit because it cost the WT Organization too much money and it was waste full.

what is wrong with this? Isn't that's why toilets are made with a big bowl? You wait until it is full to the brim with #1's or 2"s and then flush. Sure saves on the water bill, and the cleanup after is done by the lowly new bethelites. Very ConstipatedHappyDad

• freydo
    freydo

"The guy was probably thin too. I knew a lot of thin JWs who had huge appetites."

I remember a guy in my first year of college who was a bean pole. He literally ate 3 whole trays of food at every meal.

It was said that if he didn't consume at least 5000 calories a day, he would die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit