Entrapment(?): Bethelite Disfellowshipped for Gluttony

by frankiespeakin 25 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

When I was in Bethel around 1975,,I was told by a few brothers while eating at my assigned table, that there was a brother there that would eat a lot(more than his fair share) and so they(GB, or Higher ups) plotted to get him DF'd.

What they did was have the waiters brings all kinds od food to the table and this brother just ate and ate when we had consumed enought they brought him before a committee and DF'd him for gluttony and greediness.

Is there any one here on this forum that witnessed this?? Just curious. It would have happened before 1975 .

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

The guy was probably thin too. I knew a lot of thin JWs who had huge appetites.

The Bethel guys probably just decided he was too expensive to keep around.

Walter

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Iiz2,

You are prolly write,,I think finacial motivation would be the reason,, more so than concern for the flock,,or in this case concern for the personal welfare of the over eating brother.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    The Bethel guys probably just decided he was too expensive to keep around.

I think anyone who works for free should be able to eat however much they want! We used to have fix it parties where friends would 'decend' on a persons home and work on it for free. Only thing was that the person who's house was getting fixed up had to provide chow.

I BBQ'd tri-tip, and not once told anyone they'd had enough.

Seems to me that if this was true, it would be the GB being greedy; get them to work for free and gripe about how much they eat as well...

Jean

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

That's awful!

What a shame they didn't bring him some willing hot babes to shag! At least then he wouldn't have felt so bad about being disfellowshiped!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Never heard of such incidents.

In the Spanish circuit, the overweight people outnumber the fit. Therefore, they're quite lenient and tolerant of gluttony. Of course, assuming it was glutony in the first place that got the big people to that point, and not an illness.

I knew of this whole family of huge individuals that used to laugh about their own stories of getting kicked out of buffet style restaurants because they ate so much. It was horrendous, and of public knowledge how gluttons they all were. Yet the main brother, the father, continued on giving eloquent talks at all our circuit and district assemblies.

DY

• onacruse
    onacruse

Main thing I remember is that, when they passed the food left-to-right, and then right-to-left...we all took what we could grab, and especially if you were in seat #4.

The Sunday "stock-it-up" was also like a bra-sale; sleep-in, and lose.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I remember one time at Bethel Governing Body member Grant Suiter gave the Bethel family a rather long morning lecture about not flushing the toliets in there private rooms unless you did a number 2. Number 1's where not a reason to flush the toleit because it cost the WT Organization too much money and it was waste full. That I think shows just how much they care about money.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Witness people are just employees of a big business and disfellowship is just the company's way to fire another employee.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

May I politely suggest "Urban myth??"

,,I was told by a few brothers while eating at my assigned table

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit