Mother in law told off for speaking to her daughter

by chuckyy 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Hoo-ray for your mother-in-law.

My sister had the same discussion with her elders a couple of years back. SHe told them to mind their own busines. Know what? Sis has left now too.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

My Grandmother, who was a slave to the society, never shunned any of her DF'd children. Even when the screws got tightened in the early 80's and her "slaves to the society" adult JW children began to shun their DF'd siblings. It was something she simply could not do and, I suppose, figured that Jehovah was just going to have to understand.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

BG,

Your Grandmother did very well.

DY

• lilybird
    lilybird

The same thing happened with my in-laws. A wealthy brother who made his money building houses was building a house up the street from my in-laws. It was quite the mansion too. Anyways, my father-in-law took my husband up the street to show him the work they were doing on the house and introduced him to this brother and others that were there, Later, after we had left , these brothers came to lecture my father-in-law on how he shouldn't be associating with us. He thought it was amusing really, He said he would never stop talking to any of his children. Funny this advice coming from a brother who was building a fancy house and accumulating wealth in "this old system" of things. Your mother-in -law is a very wise and loving woman :)

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Jehovahs Witness are a cult built on hatred!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I got the same lecture when my dad was disfellowshipped and I was still "in." I remember thinking then that (a) it was none of his damn business who I talked to or had over to my house, and (b) my dad was an old man with no one else to associate with, so, yes, he was always welcome at my house. I even had his girlfriend over for lunch one Sunday! That was rather surreal . . . .

What jerks.

Nina

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Thank God there are people in the org that believe that blood is thicker than water.
    There are people in the org that feel that family is still family. Nothing should ever come between the family. Especially Religion.

Alla Famiglia

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

It's all about control if people refused to shun those that were "marked" then it would no longer be a punishment that was feared and people would do whatever their concious lets' them and not what some dried up old prunes in brooklyn want them too...

• David2002
    David2002

There are many Witnesses that speak to their relatives who are out and/or disfellowshipped. It's true that in some cases the association may be limited, but they still see there relatives from time to time. When I was out my most of relatives, including my mother and sisters, continue to associate with me, although limited, even at times even over for dinner. I do find hard to believe though that a young won't speak to her friend just because her parents left the Truth. From my experience in the congregations I was associated with the kids would still hang out with friends even if their parents were disfellowshipped or left the truth.

• David2002
    David2002

To the contrary, Jehovah's Christian Witnesses are a faith based on love. (John 13:34,35; 1 John 4:6-12)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit