Mother in law told off for speaking to her daughter

by chuckyy 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

HI

My wife and i disassociated 3 months ago and my wifes mother is still a JW....BUT.....she still sees us regularly. Today, a 'clipboard' elder went down to see her. He has been her book study overseer for a year and has never once gone to see her even though her husband is dying. Anyway, today he goes down to have a go about her still seeing her daughter, asking her whether she thinks what she is doing is right. My mother in law point blank tells him that she could never stop seeing us. I needed to tell someone about this because i get so angry that elders/people in org. are so unloving, so uncaring. To try and destroy a precious relationship is so unloving/despicable.

Incidentally.....sice our disassociation. a 10 yr old witness girl is shunning my 5 yr old in school.....CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!!!.........................why can't these people see what they are doing to families?????

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Cults suck.

Glad to hear your mother isn't shunning you!

Kwin

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

It's so hard to see the little ones being involved. Very sad to see the brainwashing of the small youth, although theres always hope for them in the long run, but for now they're just doing what it takes to get the adults acceptance. (Ask me how I know) My children are being raised far far away from the organization (THANK GOODNESS) and I couldnt imagine having to explain to my first grader why she's being shunned.

• Purza
    Purza

I am very sorry that you (and your daughter) have to experience the pain that certain JWs inflict. However, I was happy to hear that your mother in law stood up for herself -- and that she still wants/needs a relationship with your family. This is a positive thing -- despite the JWs singlemindness.

Purza

• freedom96
    freedom96

I hope people in the congregations start thinking for themselves. There is too much heartbreak, too much destruction of friends and families. This is a cult, pure and simple.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Please tell your mother-in-law that by refusing to be a victim/abuser of the Governing Body of JWs she is proving them to be the hypocrites that they are. What do they think you are going to do if she shuns you. Slither back for more abuse from them.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    a 10 yr old witness girl is shunning my 5 yr old in school

So sorry you are going through this. It is when they do these nasty things to the kids that you can really see how ugly they are.

It's amazing that your mom told them where to get off. Hope it does not come back around to bite her, but if it does, at least she's got you.

Jean

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

===<<Chuckyy (What's the text equivalent of a supportive, two-handed handshake?)

I'm sorry for your child, not only is that awful, but it's not supported by the Watchtower. If it were me, I would report it to the parents of the child AND the elders. Not that you care about congregational action, but at least it might put a stop to that ridiculous stuff. The parents may just hang up, but the elders would/should talk with you about it.

This has been a rough quarter for you and your family. I'm glad your mother-in-law is hanging tight with her family instead of bowing to every word from the Wantpower.

My son has a punching bag hanging from his ceiling. When I need to let off a little steam I go beat the hell out of it. I highly recommend it! It really makes me feel better, and it doesn't hurt anything -- not even my hands! (safer and less damaging than putting your fist through a wall/window/elder)

Dave

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

My mother isn't shunning me either, and I don't think she would tolerate any elder telling her she has to shun me.

This JW thinking is so warped. I've seen some pretty toxic non-JW families in my time, and even the worst of them had more love than the JWs show.

For a JW, NOTHING, not even family, is more important than maintaining their smug, self righteous, superior attitude, and shunning is a favorite way of doing it for many of them. Where else can you hear the gleeful cackling of the elders' hens whenever someone gets DF'd or reproved? For them it's a wonderful thing! Someone new to look down on and gossip about! It helps them forget the meaninglessness of their own lives.

But it's especially sad when they teach their children to hate. They're not even told why.

Walter

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Good for your Mother-In-Law!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit