National ID Cards

by RescueMe 27 Replies latest social current

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

Oh yeah, Jeanniebeanz! Better living through Big Government Brother. I fear we (the US) is degenerating into a Player Piano world (Kurt Vonnegut) at best, or a world described by Margaret Atwood (The Handmaid's Tale) at worst.

• one
    one

The USA is at war, (permanently at war !) constitutional rights can be reduced during periods of war, or "national safety"

that is the price usa residents and citizenz have to pay for their elected gov not doing its job preventing terrorism (intentionally to have excuses to...? )

States i understand were complaining not wanting to be told how to issue local documents, such as a local/state driver's license.

The federal gov will just "buy", make them change their opinion buy offering federal funds for this and that.

There is no such a thing as STATES UNITED, states have been loosing power at the speed of light there is a central gov controlling everythin, period.

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen
    "states to deny driver's licenses to undocumented immigrants"
    Is that a bad thing?

Roybatty, no, it is not necessairaly a bad thing.

The USA is at war, (permanently at war !) constitutional rights can be reduced during periods of war, or "national safety"
    that is the price usa residents and citizenz have to pay for their elected gov not doing its job preventing terrorism (intentionally to have excuses to...? )

One, yes, Article 1 sec.8 gives Congress the authority to declare war. The President has the power to order the armed forces to act. http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/article01/

The elastic clause in sec.8 gives Congress the power "To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof."

The current administration has certainly taken this clause to heart and has run with it (patriot act, new environmental legislation and now the national id card). It seems to me that the US Government has not only not prevented terrorisim, but has throught it's sub rosa policies in the middle east has been actively encouraging it for years. To what end? Cheap Oil? Or the sacrifice of US Constitutional guarantees of personal liberties for the benefit of a technocracy?

If we do not speak out now, our childeren may never get to form an accurate historical analysis of this era.

edited to add: I don't know jack, but I'll stay sincere ~ moe.

• G Money
    G Money

Wake up, you have no rights. The government and powers that be want all Americans to be drunk and watch sports while everythiong is stolen from them. They may give you back some of the stolen things with strings attached.

The government will make the people beg for "security" measures which will infringe upon their rights.

We are moving from a republic to a totalitarianist regime and the people are too stupid to see it. The few that complain are a bunch of crazy hippies who need a hair cut and maybe then more of the manstream people will take note.

• one
    one

Little,

To what end? Cheap Oil? Or the sacrifice of US Constitutional guarantees of personal liberties for the benefit of a technocracy?

"between a rock and a hard palce",

well it is either cheap oil or exploit alternative energy (usa knows perfectly how to do it, it has perfected it). If other sources of energy become freely available it means the begining of the end for the present (oil controlled) geopolitical system.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    IP_SEC, the UCC applies to business and commerce.

Are we not all considered corporations by the governent? JOHN DOE (strawman) not John Doe(the real person)?

I find federal law very confusing and contradictory, so maybe I'm wrong here, or interpreting it the wrong way?

IPSec

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen
    well it is either cheap oil or exploit alternative energy (usa knows perfectly how to do it, it has perfected it). If other sources of energy become freely available it means the begining of the end for the present (oil controlled) geopolitical system.

If the government was as serious as they have stated in the past to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, yes, they should invest in alternative energy. It would improve our economy via manufacturing, jobs, and new technologies to be liscensed (not given away!) to foreign countries. It would be a boon for our environment. Our elderly and poor would not have to decide between food, prescription drugs, or staying warm.

Gmoney, you are spot on:

Wake up, you have no rights. The government and powers that be want all Americans to be drunk and watch sports while everythiong is stolen from them. They may give you back some of the stolen things with strings attached.

The government will make the people beg for "security" measures which will infringe upon their rights.

We are moving from a republic to a totalitarianist regime and the people are too stupid to see it.

And yes, I am a crazy hippie. Long hair, and in dire need of a bath! I am an idealistic, hence my flirtation with the WTBTS, but realistic enough to see right, hence my exit from same. I fear for our nation. Our consumeristic, liquor besotted culture fans the hatred of the Islamic world, and our current administration's foreign policies pour gasoline (no pun intended) on that hatred. The consequences of both side's intolerance will probably lead to WW3(?), and the domestic policies may spark a new civil war.

As far as NO RIGHTS go, I am watching the Ward Churchill thingy with baded breath. The Govenor of Colorado is out for his job, if not legally, they by illegal means. Prof. Churchill's choice of words may have been poor, or his thought inadequately expressed, but I'll bet his First, Ninth and Tenth Ammendment rights will be his savior. Remember, the men that wrote our Constitution were 'radicals' too.

Now, for that bath.

• one
    one
    If the government was as serious as they have stated in the past to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, yes, they should invest in alternative energy.

the usa already invested in alternative energy, but not for mass production, everything is ready to roll if absolutely neccessary, not too soon as long as there is oil and gas around somewhere to be grabbed, no matter what. Other powerfull nations play the same game along the usa. They call it survival instinct

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

I should have been more clear in my thought on investing in alt. energy. I mean implement the technology now, like there is no foreign oil. Farmers producing crops for bio-disel, ethanol, wind production, energy cells, solar, etc. Put the US to work. Fossil fuel grabbing stagnation, and what passes as survival instinct is entropy. If we are the 'best and the brightest', let's act like it.

My appologies to all, for getting this off topic, but this apparently has hit my hot button. I didn't think I had one left! It is so nice to carry on a conversation with some one over the age of four! Thanks to all.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

In the old movies about World War II, you always knew you were not in the land of the free when a jackbooted thug with a menacing German accent growled, "Your papers please."

A national ID card is a bad idea.

Those who say the dangers of terrorism demand new forms of security should remember the words of Benjamin Franklin, "Anyone who gives up his liberty for security deserves neither."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit