But some are nice - come on admit it.

by eyeslice 26 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Some are nice.
    There - I've admitted it - happy now?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Some may be nice but are they good associations?? !!

• tata
    tata

Of course, we were there...

• rebel8
    rebel8

And here I am to throw a wet blanket on this thread.

Acting nice some/most of the time does not make someone is truly a nice person. Serial killers do nice things sometimes, too.

I also have my doubts as to the sincerity of "nice" acts done in response to commandments to be kind. I'd prefer to get my kindness from people who are doing it because they want to, not out of fear of divine punishment and desire to obtain divine rewards.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

well said rebel8...

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I wholeheartedly agree! It's not (most) of the people that bother me, it's the doctrines. Especially the general superiority toward outsiders and shunning. The manipulation of the bible and changes in "prophesy". Many elders are horses arses.

• zealofjehu
    zealofjehu

if you miss a few meetings due to illness or whatever and the nice sister calls is she calling to be nice or is she calling to get you back to the meetings. is she calling because the elders assigned her to do that.

the simple fact is this conditional love is not showing true love and conditional freiendship is not real friendship.

yes i will say that there are ones inside who have done nice things but thier love and friendship is extreamly conditional and there for fake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit