Is this what they are up to?

by Pistoff 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

1. The meeting notes (which seem to be genuine, several sources now) for the LDC roll out talk about the need for 500, yes, 500 new halls.

2. They are not interested in what property is available, but instead what is 'optimal', and are training couples to search for 'optimal' property.

3. If the buildings did not have a sign that said jw   .org (I refuse to give them a free link) and Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, you could not tell it from a small bank or office building, just check the pictures.

This makes me think that A) they either need to build and sell commercial property VERY QUICKLY, or they just want to build and sell commercial property very quickly.

Think about this: to build a kingdom hall (church), you need a variance, whether commercial or residential.

I predict they will put these in primarily commercial locations, ie, 'optimal' locations.

So, what do you think? Is it need, or greed?

• sir82
    sir82

Is it need, or greed?

They have a need for greed!

Clearly, the new building design is for the express purpose of future resales. 1 or 2% growth, as they have "enjoyed" for the past 20 years, does not call for hundreds or thousands of new buildings, as if people were beating down the doors wanting to join up.

• carla
    carla

I have no comment on the property issue just wanted to agree with;

" jw   .org (I refuse to give them a free link"- same reason I will not click on links to their site be it an article or video, I don't like to give them the Google ranking.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

1% growth does not a need make. 

-TE

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    It just seems like when you add up the pieces, it points to a real estate development business model.
  • TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Yeah they will misquote enough old testament scriptures to convince the volunteers to build like God told them to. They will make a bundle selling off the old halls and start selling a few of the new ones in a few years. They can do this for decades.

-TE

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    Imagine selling paid off KHalls at full market value to build new ones in prime locations with free labour and perpetual tenants...the real estate holdings substantially increase and you get the friends contributing more. That's what you call win-win fot the WT.
  • Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

The ORG is experiencing in the US the same thing that other industrialized nations are experiencing, namely, an abandonment of rural living by succeeding generations. I would imagine that many rural halls are sparsely filled and probably with older witnesses.  The young are moving to larger cities in droves and this is making many of the rural properties available to sell.

This is just an assumption, mind you.  But, although I wasnt part of the privileged few that were invited to this once in a lifetime "historical" meeting, I did hear that many of the "needed" halls were in large metropolitan areas.  So, it appears my reasoning may be sound.  

If this is the case, expect that, as some have said, these smaller rural groups will start using grange halls and VFW buildings with piped-in ORG based programming and their halls will be sold off.  This makes perfect sense from a financial perspective.

We shall see.......

• badcompany
    badcompany
    Come on folks. How does Bill Gates give away billions and billions and stay one of the richest people on the planet? He has a "non-profit" organization. How does McD's make money selling cheap hamburgers? They don't. It's a real estate investment company. Same thing happening here. Only with slave labor drones. Dubs are just upgrading their business model to commercial. Brilliant!
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't have any more solid answers than anyone else but it seems they took a ton of cash from all congregations and don't want it just sitting on a shelf for pedophile settlements. That and a call for more lawyers makes me think they are attempting to go toward a mass settlement very much like Big Tobacco did. (See this if you don't remember: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco_Master_Settlement_Agreement)

And they might feel that they must show the members some huge progress with their money before they declare some huge persecution from Satan and his law systems while also tying the money up in existing projects when asked to prove they don't  have more cash on hand.

After all is said and done, they won't need all the new KH's and will declare this move by Satan is making them choose the most valuable buildings to sell. "What a blessing  from  Jehovah that was."

Growth in the U.S. is balderdash caused by Headquarters' way of counting and they would be okay to just remodel and sell some properties. I could be wrong above but they are definitely planning some long-term play.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit