MOTOVATION FOR BEING A JW ???????

by vitty 21 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

Doughtfully yours

You have my admiration, for doing what you do for the love of your family. How you stand going to meetings and suchlike. I found it really hard towards the end and I still thought it was the truth

The born agains are always talking about Jesus and are ridiculed by the witness, cos they dont know him!

I was terrified by armageddon and Jehovah

example of prayer " Jehovah im really sorry, I want to do the right thing but I just dont seem able too, help me be a better witness, I go to all the meetings, field service, pre study but it doesnt seem to help. Ive been trying for 20 years now, when will I get it right, please , please help me, I really want to do this, are you even listening to me I know I say the same things all the time but I need your help please "

And no he was never listening, even though I still pray

• PointBlank
    PointBlank

....my abiding love for God. That was also my motivation for leaving, but it was His love of me that provided the catalyst.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

I grew up in it.

As a little kid I didn't want to die at Armageddon and I wanted to play with the lions. Those pictures in the Bible Stories book and other publications made an impression on me as a pre-teen.

Now my motivation is not wanting to lose family.

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby

FEAR:

Not wanting to die a violent death at armageddon

Not wanting to be repremanded by Elders

Keep family members Happy

(I thought at one stage it was the right way...and I like the idea of living for ever...in paradise....on earth....but with ALL of those numpty's...hmmm...maybe dying would be better)

• holly
    holly

I wanna live forever !!

• freedom96
    freedom96

My motivation for being a witness was simple. I was a child, I lived at home, and wanted to continue having a roof over my head. As long as I lived there, I sure as hell better be a witness.

Left home, and by 25 I was out.

Fortunately, though I never did return home to live, both of my parents left the organization as well.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Babes!!!!!

Then I found out I couldn't go out with any of them because their eldub daddies wanted them to pioneer, go to Bethel, live at home the rest of their life or marry a CO.

• jwbot
    jwbot

I was living at home...I had to. As a teenager, I just thought to myself to wait till I have a car and a job and stuff. And I did. Occassionally getting in trouble and all... Now that I think back I might have been able to get out earlier but oh boy that would have sucked.

• snakeizz
    snakeizz

Love for God

Fear of armaggedon

Living forever in the new system

Pressure to stay in from family or friends

Appreciation for Jesus ransom sacrifice

In this order.....at that time anyway....I really didn't understand the importance of what Christ did for us back then...now it's right up there with #1....it's funny how I didn't have a real appreciation for Jesus or develop a personal relationship with God until AFTER I left...so much for their version of the "truth"

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I was raised in the org...early on my motivation was wanting to please my family.

As time passed the recognition and ego stroking I got from the elders and others worked for awhile but then that old "Free Will" kicked in and I began to question too many things. Privileges disappeared....that old "Bad Associaton" label started to stick.

Tried to fade but it was a pretty rural area....everyone knew me and my family (elder/dad, ms/grandfather, pioneer grandmother and mom) and everyone had their nose in your business.

Once I learned the truth about the troof I was motivated alright....LOL. DA'd and while I still have a strong faith in God...I broke most of their man made rules !

Now I am happy, successful, great family (wife & 2 kids) and most of all.... FREE !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit