DA-ing Announcement in the Society's New Book

by Mark 136 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:I am going to try and get a copy through my ex husband as he is to dumb to realize all the literature I get from him I use here.

LOL that is soo funny..

• one
    one
    How can they bring their meeting attendance numbers up? How can they lower their inactive numbers? This is a tool for the local elders to use when they have exhausted other ways of meeting the society's demands, and I can see them using it to save their own positions.

true,

that new "law" will solve a few problems for them simultaneously.

are you going back?

those who go back may now have a dual purpose too

The most dangeours enemies are those who become your "friends", ot showing who they really are... does it sound like counter "theocratic warfare"?

• one
    one

Anyways its all too mind boogling what games the organization is playing.
    Just like any entity in trouble run by or advised by trusted lawyers. Besides some at the top of wt may not be lawyers but they "have been around" for a while, they know all the tricks, it was initially expanded by a lawyer (an story itself) and legalism became their corporate culture.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    The most dangeours enemies are those who become your "friends", not showing who they really are... does it sound like counter "theocratic warfare"?

You rang?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I wonder if they will initiate a 'reaching out to the lost ones' campaign like they had a few years ago. It would make a nice cover for spying on those trying to fade in order to get enough info to kick them out for good.

Jean

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Oh Man!!

I'm going to have to be careful about answering the door after March 20th now, and screen my calls too. We've pretty well faded completely, but there is this one brother that makes it a point to come around every once in a while. We've already been asked the "questions" - "do you think this is the truth" etc. I loved the way my hubby glossed over it by saying "well I think there's truth out there to be found".

BB

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

(((((Jez))))) Anyone who's been through a DFing understands you

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I can see where this might cause a loss of publishers, if some view this as getting too hard with their laws and requirements.

There is an old saying in the legal system. "You can only police the population up to that point where they will no longer accept it".

Above that it starts anarchy and rebelling against the laws.

I wonder if we may see some of that in the jw rank and file?

I hope so.

Outoftheorg

• toreador
    toreador

I sure would love to see a scan of the book! I wonder just how much different it will with this new info out or if it will be the same ol some ol.

• willyloman
    willyloman

This is a fascinating thread based on some legitimate "new information" coming out of Brooklyn and speculation is running rampant but I tend to agree with an earlier poster who said the Mar. 20 meeting will be a "non-event." The announcement will be made, a letter read, the book distributed. You can be sure there will be no talk of DF or DA or any other "housekeeping" stuff. That will be scheduled for a later service meeting some week night, probably months from now. Or it may pop up as a QFR in a future magazine.

The WTS's "special meetings/announcements" are seldom very special. The book will serve as fodder for the next two-day elder's "school." And for some service meeting parts downstream. Meantime, the new book is a fundraiser. The bros will be told not to forget to contribute for it in the box provided.

The change under discussion here does not necessarily denote a big shift. The "no longer one of JWs" is not new language; it's been used before. The real excitement comes when they announce just what that change means and, as seen on this board, the possibilities run from one end of the spectrum to the other. I think it's too early to tell where they're headed with this because, after all, this is a rudderless ship. The best bet is it's a legal maneuver of some kind, in which case go back and read AlanF's comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit