DA-ing Announcement in the Society's New Book

by Mark 136 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

AlanF said:

That leaves elders open to lawsuits for slander much more than do the present rules. It also further insulates the Society from such lawsuits.

That may also be a good thing. When a few elders are sued or have to appear in criminal court, other elders may not be willing to be a sacrificial lamb for the WTS while it distances itself.

The WTS already has a problem keeping current elders/obtaining new elders.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w82 4/15 pp. 23-24 Enduring Joyfully Despite Persecution ***

Hence, when our activity is banned, it is generally our preaching and our meetings that are prohibited. "You can be Jehovah?s Witnesses," we are often told, "but you may not preach or hold any meetings." Yet if we did not preach or hold meetings, we would not be witnesses of Jehovah God or Christ Jesus, since a witness who does not say anything is really not a witness at all. (Isaiah 43:10, 12; Acts 1:8) And what would happen to our faith if we no longer obeyed God?s command to meet together??Hebrews 10:24, 25.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Another area that is going to be affected...

My oldest sister - now deceased - just quit going to the meetings. Long ago (obviously prior to her death).

She would get migraines before meetings... or something - and would stay home.

In her later years - she became a hermit - and no one ever saw her.

Well - her funeral was handled as a JW funeral. The fella doing the speaking had to say things like "I have been told..." as he had never seen her, nor known her.

Soooooo... with this new 'power'... they are going to push those who have just become terribly 'inactive' away... and are going to p**** off some who still consider themselves JWs.

Regards,

Jim TX

• FairMind
    FairMind

Blondie…. I an see it now, people being DA'd for not attending meetings....for disobeying one of God's commands.

Insomniac…. If they start going after everyone with spotty meeting attendance, low hours, worldly partners, etc., they will very soon have nobody left.

Upside/Down…. They're plugging the cracks and preparing to make "fading" as distasteful as all other attempts to throw off the WTS yoke

Jez…. This is a witch hunt, now it is worse because it is going to all be done even MORE than ever under the carpet, behind the curtain, everyone KNOWS what is going on, but no one has actual proof of it.

Used to be…I would chalk up the change to the WTS simply covering themselves legally. But this time my gut reaction is that the above friends are right. It will be very interesting to see what starts happening after the March 20 th announcement. If the thoughts expressed above are correct, no one should be fearful or sad. Anything the WTS does of a nefarious nature simply further confirms what our hearts already tell us.

FairMind

• one
    one

for legal reasons they may be doing away with DF,instead "Jhon Doe no is longer ONE" will prevail, at the same time they can included all those who just faded away to keep contact with jw relatives. Obviously they read this board and feel and experienced that those who fade away are as "dangerous" as DF.something has to be done.

Whats more those do not count as publisher to show in yearly reports, let's kick them completely out.

Due to complaints in courts they may also change their wirtten rules to unwritten rules about how a jw should treat one that is no longer part of the JW religion but who still consider herself a Jehovah's witness.

They don't have to do it as long as they are considered a religion. In they way they treat ex members is not a matter a court has jurisdiction, as long as it is not considered a real crime, a violation of an specific law, at least shunning is not a violation of any law, nor the treatment received by a DF or DA by family members living in the same house (maried).

But i think they do ask "over 21 children, mother in law etc to leave the house if DF...

• Poztate
    Poztate

I posted this comment on another thread.It seems to fit quite well here.

It is their religion and they can do what they want to.

....AND also if they ever want to start DA'ing the dropouts(they can make up new rules) I can honestly say I didn't quit,just slowed down a lot. I am just a poor weak lost sheep.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Would it be possible for someone to record the March 20th meeting on this? It is almost certain that they will cover questions regarding how to treat those who are "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses". There should also be questions about DFed and DAed people... will they still be refered to as DFed or DAed?

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I can see this new change being used by local elders as a way to meet impossible goals their COs demand from them. How can they bring their meeting attendance numbers up? How can they lower their inactive numbers? This is a tool for the local elders to use when they have exhausted other ways of meeting the society's demands, and I can see them using it to save their own positions.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

The meeting on Sunday, March 20th will basically be a non-event.

The Public Talk will be given and the WT Study conducted as normal, then a letter from WTS will be read and the baptized & nonbaptized publishers will pick up their copy of Doing Jehovah's Will (dj book). There isn't a Q&A scheduled.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I have been thinking while reading this post and I seem to recall that when we recieved the first OM book it was only given to those who were baptized and in good standing. I wonder if this is the same critera for the new book?

Has anyone heard if this is the case this time.

I am going to try and get a copy through my ex husband as he is to dumb to realize all the literature I get from him I use here.

Anyways its all too mind boogling what games the organization is playing.

Orangefatcat..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit