DA-ing Announcement in the Society's New Book

by Mark 136 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

I will look for the thread but someone wrote a couple of months ago that an elder told them too expect more disfellowshippings in the future. As I recall most of us poo poo'd that and disagreed saying that no change had been made. In fact the information provided at the circuit assembly's to the bodies of elders indicates that what that elder said is true. If I can find the thread I'll link it.

Found it:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/87592/1457372/post.ashx#1457372

• Emma
    Emma

Maybe they've figured out that there are a lot of us who have taken our time and faded and they're not going to let us get away with it. The wts is all about power and punishment (dfing was never about getting some one back). They probably think we've used a back door to get out of an "accounting" with them and can't tolerate it.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

As I recall, I 'poo pood' the idea that the org was about to do a cleanin. I am no longer incredulous of this idea. I believe it will start/has started.

• undercover
    undercover
    As I recall, I 'poo pood' the idea that the org was about to do a cleanin. I am no longer incredulous of this idea. I believe it will start/has started.

I remember when Doubtfully Yours reported back in March:

An elder told me the book is Jehovah's latest provision to cleanse his Organization.

He said soon all people that have drifted, inactives, and others baptized and not complying with the Biblical mandates for a JW, will be visited and given an option to shape up or ship out.

And IP_SEC at the time "poo pood" the notion:

I dunno where he got that info DY. There has been no communication from bethel on this that I've seen yet. I think he mighta been talking out his ass.

If a letter like that is ever sent, believe me, it will be scanned and posted with in the hour.

Then on May 24th IP_SEC gave us this report from an elders meeting:

It is felt that most elders have adopted an 'Eli-like' permissive attitude.
    The society believes that most judicial committees are far too lenient.

Circuit overseer
    "You've heard the saying: "if you must err, err on the side of mercy"" To err on the side of mercy in a JC is foolishness." He then goes on to tell us to call the branch if we have any questions during a JC.

76 publishers became inactive in our circuit over the past 6 months, a whole congregation. Of course the falling numbers isn't due to any problems with the FDS even though they've been put in charge of Christ belongings. No, the problem is with the permissive elders and their lack of shepherding.

After his part on shepherding the DO got up for some final comments and this is what floored me. I quote.

Quote:
    One thing is for sure brothers, we are hemorrhaging,,,,,,, we are losing more than are coming in. It is up to us to stop this. End quote

As IP_SEC has noted, he no longer "poo-poos" the notion but has seen enough evidence to back the theory that the WTS is starting a big "clamp down".

And I concur. I think all of us faders who think we've successfully pulled out may find ourselves in some hot water soon.

• blondie
    blondie
    And I concur. I think all of us faders who think we've successfully pulled out may find ourselves in some hot water soon.

I'm not too worried. If the day comes they DF people in absentia for not attending meetings, then I guess, they have to make a rule as to how many meetings you have to miss, 12 meetings a month, can you miss 2, 3, 6 before you are booted? DA you in absentia?

As evil as elders are painted here on JWD sometimes, I can't see many going along with this with many having relatives and friends that would be affected. Maybe the elder ranks will be thinned as well.

I'm just going to wait and see.

Blondie

• undercover
    undercover

I'm gonna try and not worry about it, but at the same time, I want to be prepared and expecting it instead of being surprised. I'd rather have the element of surprise than them having it.

If the day comes they DF people in absentia for not attending meetings, then I guess, they have to make a rule as to how many meetings you have to miss, 12 meetings a month, can you miss 2, 3, 6 before you are booted?

I don't think they'll go after just inactive ones, they're looking for intentional faders...like us. Remember what the elder told Doubtfully Yours:

He said soon all people that have drifted, inactives, and others baptized and not complying with the Biblical mandates for a JW, will be visited and given an option to shape up or ship out.
    He said that if the person refuses the help offered by the congregation they'll be notified of the date of disfellowshipping and given time to appeal the decision.

A normal inactive one will respond in a way that keeps the elders from doing anything other than encouraging them (read: harping on them) all the time. Dissenters will want to refuse help, refuse to shape up. That leaves the elders an opening in getting rid of the dissenter.

The more that others who have contacts in the congregations report similar things as IP and DY, the more we'll be able to decipher just how intense this witch hunt will be.

So I agree up to a point, wait and see, but...be ready for the worst.

• blondie
    blondie

But they don't know we are intentional faders unless we tell them.

I can be very passive-aggressive when the situation calls for it. Illness and depression are acceptable reasons. Will they order me to produce a note from the doctor? I doubt it.

I refuse to meet with elders who just drop by. Rude and uncaring. And if they make an appointment; I'll just cancel.

I have no desire to educate the elders. Many know that what they do is not bible-based but WTS-based.

As far as the fateful question, do you believe that this is God's only true organization; I'll just say, as along as they follow the Bible (thinking of this scripture but not saying it).

1 John 4:1 ***

Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit