WT redefines the Beast, and 666!

by little witch 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• little witch
    little witch

Forgive me if this is old news, but I just found it on the "official" site.

Gone is the Beast = UN Now it is all governments in their imperfect state.

And 666? Anyone who takes any active part in any government or even flirts with a government symbol. Apparently, wearing a flag emblem, A USA logo (or any other) etc, is punished by death!

Here's the link http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/2004/4/1/article_02.htm

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

There are two beasts.

1. the beast (666) the nations of satans world

2. the image of the beast or the scarlet colored wild beast. (UN as it is given life by the 2 horned beast-US and Britan and is in the image of the nations)

IPSec

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thanks little Witch, I had no idea of the new light!

Hope all is well :)

Brummie

• FairMind
    FairMind

I thought John "the beast" Mugabe was the beast? Marvin Hagler certainly thought so.

• lurk
    lurk

wow thanks little witch that aticle was dated last year and i missed it . did anyone cover it here?

looks like the WTS is wall papering over history again.

now that the UN is no longer the beast the WTs has done nothing wrong and the NGO/UN scandle's gonna become a totally an irrelevant topic lost in Jw history out of bounds to any inquireys.

man society, without which chaos would rule. And some leaders have protected fundamental human rights, including the right to engage in true worship?something that Satan does not want. (Romans 13:3, 4; Ezr 7:11-27; Acts 13:7) Still, because of the Devil's influence, no human or human institution has ever been able to bring lasting peace and security to the people.# ?John 12:31.

translation =the UN is not evil

Six is one short of seven. Would it not be a fitting symbol of something imperfect, or defective, in God's eyes? Yes, indeed! (1 Chronicles 20:6, 7) Moreover, six repeated three times, as 666, powerfully stresses that imperfection. That this is the correct view is supported by the fact that 666 is "a human number," as we have considered. Thus, the beast's record, its "human number," and the number 666 itself all point to one unmistakable conclusion?gross shortcoming and failure in the eyes of Jehovah.This does not mean, however, that every human ruler is a direct tool

transaltion = the UN is full of nice people

the reasoning that six being one short of seven ment BAD always sounded a bit odd to me ,i mean 888 is one more than 777 does this mean god is completed it abit extra!!!! completion but with extra topping of completedness.

thanks witch that was interesting loads

lurk

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

The more I come to learn about the society the more ridiculous they become. These people change their mind more often than most people change their socks. The UN connection was a really big deal as the beast. But then, I'm not surprised; they originally thought it was the League of Nations until that went belly up, then the scramble to 'show proof' that it was the UN.

Sheesh... morons

Jean

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Sorry guys but this isnt new light. The wt has always said the beast (666) was all the imperfect nations of earth. It is the Image of the Beast and the Scarlet Coloured Wild Beast that is the UN. This is not a change.

The SCWB and the IotWB are different animals from the WB(666)

IPSec

• upside/down
    upside/down

I thought the whole League of Nations dying and then re-emerging as the UN fit the scriptures regarding the beasts- parallel.

Now what? How does this all fit? IT DOESN'T.

And if all interpretation of prophecy is done in hindsight, of what value is it?

u/d

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    The wt has always said the beast (666) was all the imperfect nations of earth

I see what you are saying, but what I was taught was that the UN was the head of the beast and was emphasized as such. This teaching is just back peddling putting the emphasis on the UN.

Jean

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I actually remember seeing something about the UN not being the beast in the Daniel book. Instead of saying "the UN" it said something like "the member nations of the UN."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit