WT redefines the Beast, and 666!

by little witch 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I thought the whole League of Nations dying and then re-emerging as the UN fit the scriptures regarding the beasts- parallel.

Well ya that is new light because the death stroke used to be interprated as the Leage dying and being revived. But since 1988 RiGCaH.

re chap. 28 p. 190 Contending With Two Ferocious Beasts ***

What was the death stroke? Later, it is called a sword stroke, and a sword is a symbol of warfare. This sword stroke, administered early in the Lord?s day, must relate to the first world war, which devastated and drained Satan?s political wild beast.

Rediculous, I know. :)

• lurk
    lurk

na

• Honesty
    Honesty

Ho Hum <yawning>

• one
    one

THANKS LITLE WITCH

Gone is the Beast = UN

THAT'S MAJOR "NEWS", why apostates did not say anything, lucky wt.

FINALLY someone is finding the missing bits. I may have to get "active" and not be so lazy to research, what the hell i dont even have a wt/cd

I was begging, in previous threads, for evidence as to what was the latest wt "news" about the UN BEAST. To me the UN/NGO deal had an strong implication. Now it is becoming clear.

The OLD light was as follows:

Three (3) similar (look alike) seven headed beast mentioned in the bible (Revelation), according to WT they represented

SATAN = dragon, seven headed "snake"

WORLD GOVERNMENTS = a beast with the seven heads representing the seven world power mentioned in the bible the last being USA/BRIT. It shows a 666, 6 meaning imperfed, no godd

repeated 3 times for emphasis. In contras with 7 as the representation of (lucky?) perfect good status.

and THE IMAGE of such a beast the UN (initially the League o Nations) as the representation of world gov. supported by USA/BRT, as it was about to die (wounded) during world war II, but the beast did not die, the beast came well and alive with a new name the UN, thanks to the USA/BRIT also separatly represented by a lamb with two horns.

But now history is shinning strong new light on the WT, FORCING them to change, too many things are changing at the WT and many jw even apostates are not becoming aware.

• one
    one

Litle witch are you kidding ???

I will read the article again but just scanning the page i did not see/read what you said.or implied

I read the articule AFTER my previous post, shame on me

• one
    one

A quick reading shows nothing new, no new light, in fact it refer to a very old book for more details

* For an in-depth discussion of these verses, see chapter 28 of the book Revelation?Its Grand Climax At Hand!, published by Jehovah's Witnesses.

My mistake and quick reaction shows that humans may be quickly willing to beleive or accept anything if it goes along our line of thinking..

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    i think the revation book makes it quite clear that the wild beast is 666 and the UN is the revived wildbeast. there for the UN is synonymous with 666

196 discribes the wild beast with the name 666 not the harlot/babylon the great

No, your mixing up what the rev book says about the WB and applying it to the SCWB or the IotWB. The UN is not the revived WB. It is the Image of the WB.

The Image of the WB, or the SCWB, or the UN causes people to render worship the the WB.

re chap. 28 pp. 194-195 Contending With Two Ferocious Beasts ***

What is this "image of the wild beast," and what is its purpose? The purpose is to promote the worship of the seven-headed wild beast of which it is an image and thus, in effect, to perpetuate the existence of the wild beast. This image is constructed after the seven-headed wild beast revives from its sword stroke, that is, after the end of the first world war. It is no lifeless statue, such as Nebuchadnezzar erected on the plains of Dura. (Daniel 3:1) The two-horned wild beast breathes life into this image so that the image can live and play a role in world history.

re chap. 28 pp. 196-197 Contending With Two Ferocious Beasts ***

so 666?six to the third degree?is a fitting name for the world?s gigantic political system (not the UN-IotWB-SCWB just the WB or political powers) that fails so miserably to measure up to God?s standard of perfection. The world?s political wild beast rules supreme under the name-number 666, while big politics, big religion, and big business keep that wild beast functioning as an oppressor of mankind and a persecutor of God?s people.

Its not a change. 666 has never (at least 20 years) been asociated with the IotWB/SCWB/UN other than the IotWB/SCWB/UN causes people to worship the WB/Nations/666.

The only change has been that since the Society joined the UN as an NGO they have dropped all reference to the UN being the IotWB/SCWB that will destroy BtG.

Sorry I'd love for it to be another flip flop but the fact is that its not. Itsa bullcrap prophecy anyhow.

• one
    one
    The only change has been that since the Society joined the UN as an NGO they have dropped all reference to the UN being the IotWB/SCWB that will destroy BtG.

it would be good to confirm

The best confirmation would be searching and posting ALL references the WT has made about the UN since let's say 1990 till present.

Not hard to do if you have the WT CD

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

OOOPs looks like I tell a little fibber on this one. They didnt drop the reference. They did take the edge off for a few years by blaming it on the members of the UN. It seems like the Awayke! on the other hand gushes with love for the SCWB/IotWB/UN during those years, but those quotes are already a matter of record on this board.

*** w94 3/1 p. 20 Jehovah?s Controversy With the Nations ***
    11 As foretold at Revelation 17:12-17, the time will come when Jehovah starts his strange act by putting it into the hearts of ?the ten horns??militarized members of the United Nations

*** w94 11/1 p. 17 Be Tenderly Compassionate ***
    God will put it into the heart of members of the United Nations to desolate Christendom and all other forms of false religion.

*** w95 9/15 p. 13 Jealous for the Pure Worship of Jehovah ***
    Soon Jehovah God will act by putting a drastic thought into the hearts of members of the United Nations. This will move these political powers to desolate Christendom and the rest of false religion

*** w96 6/1 p. 18 Flight to Safety Before the ?Great Tribulation? ***
    At Revelation 17:16, it is foretold that a figurative scarlet-colored wild beast, which has proved to be the United Nations, will turn on harlotlike Babylon the Great and violently destroy her. Using graphic language, it says: ?The ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire.?

*** w97 9/15 p. 19 Who Will Survive ?the Day of Jehovah?? ***

?The ten horns? depict the militarized political powers holding sway on earth. Though they now have a spiritually adulterous relationship with Babylon the Great, her time is short. This world?s political element will destroy false religion, and ?the wild beast??the United Nations?will have a principal role with ?the ten horns? in devastating her. What an occasion for praising Jehovah!?Revelation 19:1-6.

*** w01 11/15 p. 19 Jehovah Is Our Refuge ***

Whether our hope is heavenly or earthly, we are no part of the world, and we are not infected by such spiritually deadly plagues as its immorality, materialism, false religion, and worship of ?the wild beast? and its ?image,? the United Nations.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

This makes sense, as the WTS re interpreted the "Disgusting thing" in the 90's.

They now say that the thing is disgusting in the eyes of Christendom. (Who never saw the UN as disgusting)

The disgusting thing is now said to stand in a place holy in Christendom's eyes, not God's.

They could no longer hold to their Beast teaching and be consistent once this article was published. Blondie will tell us when...

In fact sometimes I think they will make out that the WTS is the disgusting thing.

Sure is to most people.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit