Those that would never miss a meeting or field service no matter what...

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Did you know a few in your congregation that would never miss a meeting, no matter what. Even if it was 20 below zero or 100 F or if they were sick, they would be there anyways.

These people irritated me, because they wanted to show how good they were.

Did you know any like that?

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    they wanted to show how good they were

so........maybe they were just True Believers

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Someone fell on the front steps of the KH and broke her hip (obviously and old person). She refused to go to the hospital or call an ambulance until the book study was over.

Give me a break!

Kwin

• JH
    JH

I was a true believer and I knew when to stay home. If I had a cold, I didn't want to give it to others at the hall, so I stead home. If there was a big snow storm, I stead home rather than risk an accident and injur other witnesses in my car.

It was also humble to say, "the weather is too nasty to go out in the field service today".

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

ya that was my family. cold, hot... no matter! dress appropriately. such BS. then when i was older i would hear expressions like, "are we fairweather christians?" shut the hell up... such stupid reasoning. and then they cancel the meeting for snow and the brothers and sisters go skiing...

• inquirer
  • inquirer
    inquirer

Sorry wrong forum!

• upside/down
    upside/down

I actually remember a CO (Jerry Burgess) comment on this very topic!

He asked everyone if they knew of this publisher... you know the one that never misses. And if is left out of the car groups by mistake will make the comment out loud that she's never alone she has Jehovah with her...

As all were nodding in ready agreement (The CO was laying a trap) he said what a load of hooey! How self-righteous can you get? Do you realize how silly you make yourself look? It's a carry over from christendom.... He said you sound like a Baptist! You should have seen the jaws hit the floor.. it was awesome. I liked him.

He shut all the old biddies in our hall right up... they couldn't hide and we all knew "who" he was talking about.

One of the few times a CO truly shone some "new light" on a subject! It was PRICELESS!!!

u/d

• Brummie
    Brummie

Erm, a lot of us never missed a meeting no matter what, come hell or high water we would be there. It was really down to strongly believing the WTS. It was also like clockwork, you didnt have to think about it, thursday at 6pm we just automatically found ourselves getting ready to go. It was a minority who didnt go to every meeting.

Brummie

• freedom96
    freedom96

In the hall that I grew up in, you better make every meeting, even on vacation. Not going just was not an option.

I remember someone went on a cruise, and the look of panic on other peoples faces, as they asked: "What are you going to do about the meetings?"

They were assured, that during actual meeting times, they would be in their room, studying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit